rule four: just say yes

~~~Long-winded but extremely important author's note at end. Please read :)~~~

The next morning, Will breezed through the apartment at just past eleven, faced with four slightly hung-over and extremely tired patrons blearily sitting around eating cereal and watching TV.

            “Crazy night?” he asked, and I noticed his hair was slightly wet as if he’d just emerged from a shower.

            “Too many beers and card games,” I supplied, standing up and pecking Will on the lips. “Morning.”

            He grinned. “Morning, love.”

            I sat back down on the couch, and Will, who looked undeniably handsome decked out in a black coat and dark jeans, leaned against one of the taupe walls and said, “So, I was thinking that, since neither of us was working today, we could all go out and check out some of the London sights.”

            I looked around at everyone, raising an eyebrow. “What do you say, guys? Interested in a day of sight-seeing?”

            “Oh, no,” Ava replied sarcastically, twining a thick woolen scarf around her neck over the top of her leather jacket. “We were just going to spend our days holed up in the apartment. Of course I wanna go!”

            Everyone else confirmed and moved off to get dressed, leaving only Will and I together in the kitchen. I leaned against the kitchen counter, and Will stepped forward until we were pressed flush against each other, his hands braced on either side of my body atop the counter. I arched an eyebrow. “You know my friends are still in the apartment, right?”

            He smirked cockily, a lank of dark hair falling into his eyes. “But they’re not here now, are they?”

            He bent down and placed a lingering kiss on my lips, making butterflies erupt in my stomach and my fingers reach up and twirl around his neck in a way that was purely instinctual.

            He pulled back and grinned down at me, his eyes hooded. “So, I was thinking, and I thought maybe we should talk.”

            I bit my lip nervously. “That doesn’t sound good.”

            He smiled and kissed the edge of my nose, making me giggle with relief. “No, it’s good. Don’t worry.”

            “What is it?”

            He reached up and played with a soft wave of hair, making me shiver. “Well, I was thinking, and—”

            “All right, I’m all ready,” Ava announced, breezing into the room, and stopped when she saw our promiscuous position. “Sorry. I’m interrupting, aren’t I?”