rule nine: never admit defeat

~~~~

Dedicated to dbookworm1895 for being the first person to back me up with the hater. Thanks to your immediate response, I never once had to feel awful over what this person was saying, because you guys proved from the word go that you had my back. Thanks for being there :)

~~~~

Soundtrack:

Hold Back the River by James Bay - the beginning of the chapter with Candice and Will

I Forget Where We Were by Ben Howard - when Candi and Genevieve talk

Wherever You Go by Ron Pope - when Will comforts Candice

"Will, I love you and all, but if this thing goes sideways I'm ditching first chance I get," I called through the bedroom door as I slipped into the light purple dress I was choosing to wear at the shindig at the Winchester household.

"And I'll be right behind you," Will called back.

I checked the bobby pins in my coiffed hair to make sure they were secure, and added a pair of fancy diamond earrings. I knew upon entering the door they'd know that I was just trying to fit in; that the diamonds were fake and the only real expensive piece of jewelry I owned was my engagement ring. But I still wanted to look nice. Looks were imperative when dealing with any Winchester other than Will.

"Are you ready?" Will asked, and I could tell by now he'd be nervously fixing his cuff links and checking his watch.

"Yeah," I told him, putting on my strappy heels. "You can come in."

I stood up from the bed just as he opened the door, and smoothed the skirts of my dress. His face slacked as his eyes trailed up and down my body, and he slowly smiled. "I am the luckiest guy in the world."

I pouted and stepped forward. "Your bow's crooked."

I fixed the bowtie and rested it against the silken shirt, and he held my hands in his. He pressed a kiss to my lips, and I savored the taste, loving how beautiful he made me feel.

He pulled back and rested his forehead against mine, his fingers coasting up and down the length of my dress. "I can't wait until you're wearing that white dress and I get to call you my wife."

I smiled and gently fluttered the tip of my nose against his. "Only seven more weeks."

"It's too long. Can we just get hitched now and have a shotgun wedding in Vegas?"

I kissed him sweetly. "And give your parents another reason to hate me? No way. Did you pack the invitation?"

He rolled his eyes. "Yes. I still think sending it to them in the mail would be better, but at least we can get a better reaction gauge of whether or not the blessed Winchesters will attend."

"I don't care if they do or not," I told him. "As long as my handsome groom is standing on that altar, his parents are the least of my worries. They don't make our happiness. We do."

He pulled back and pushed back a blonde curl from my face, his red lips lifting up. "I love you, Candi."

"I love you, too, Will," I told him. "Now, I think if we don't head out now, we're going to be late. Let's go."