rule fourteen: make the hardest choices

~~~~

Dedicated to @xXPushingYourLuckXx . Happy birthday, twin.

~~~~

Soundtrack:

In My Bones by Ron Pope – when Genevieve talks to Will and Candice

It Ends Tonight by All-American Rejects – when Lochie takes Candice to Delilah's.

~~~~

                  "Candice, we have a problem," Will said a few days later, practically sprinting through the apartment door to find me.

                  I looked up from where I'd been leafing through a bridal magazine looking at shoes. I cocked an eyebrow at his antics. "What's wrong, Will? Let me guess: you're out of maple syrup again. I know how much you hate dry pancakes."

                  "I'm serious, Candi," he told me, and I could see genuine panic lining his bright eyes. "We have a big problem."

                  I closed the magazine and turned to him, frowning. "What's wrong, Will?"

                  "Well, I have some bad news and some worse news," he said. "Which would you like first?"

                  "What's going on?" I asked slowly, wondering what could have thrown the normally laidback Will into such a frenzy.

                  "The bad news is that my parents are coming over. Like, now."

                  "What?" I squeaked, almost falling out of the stool. I was hoping the disastrous dinner would be one of our last encounters with the Winchester household. Wishful thinking was more like it. "What do you mean?"

                  "I mean that I just got a call from my parents saying they were ten minutes away and closing in."

                  "Oh, no," I whispered.

                  "I have worse news, though."

                  "What news could possibly be worse than the fact your parents will be here in ten minutes?" I asked dubiously.

                  "Between getting my coat stuck in the door, stubbing my toe and waiting for the elevator, it took me eight minutes to get down here."

                  "William Scott Winchester, you better not be telling me your parents are due here in two minutes,"