rule six: never look back

~~~~

Dedicated to alohomora_mione for her comments every chapter. Best commenters get dedications! :D

~~~~

Soundtrack:

            Breathe Again by Sara Bareilles When Ava, Will and Candice talk about the wedding

My Immortal by Evanescence – when Chance and Candice talk

Angel of Mercy by OneRepublic - When Will and Candice talk

~~~~

“Are you serious?” Ava cried, looking horrified. “Candice, there is no competition when it comes to tulle or taffeta!”

            I held my hands up in surrender, but couldn’t help smiling in amusement. “Right. Sorry. Of course. Silly me.”

            Ava looked like something from a movie right now. It had been two days since the restaurant, and Ava had really kicked into wedding planning gear. The previous day she’d disappeared for three hours, and when she came back she had a thick binder full of wedding information and pictures, and a few bridal magazines dutifully tucked under her arm. She’d definitely taken her wedding planning phase to a whole new level.

            Will was due to arrive any minute now, and whilst we waited for his arrival, we were discussing the wedding dress and the pros and cons of certain materials.

            “Now, I’m thinking a dress in either baby blue or pink, and it should be sleek and sophisticated—corseted, maybe—ooh, and strapless, you definitely have the shoulders for it!—perhaps it should be silk or satin on the bodice and then roll out into a tulle skirt, hiding a pair of nude stilettoes.”

            Just then a brief knock sounded at the door and Will wandered in, jerking the attention of Chance and Jamie, who had previously been completely disinterested by the dress debate. They’d decided to instead watch a baseball game on TV as a way to escape the world of bridal trains and veils. I couldn’t really blame them.

            “What have I missed?” Will asked, shutting the door behind him and peeking over Ava’s shoulder to stare at the thick binder and its contents. It was currently stuck on a picture of a brunette woman in a million-dollar white dress with a sweetheart neckline. His eyes widened. “Fascinating stuff, I see.”

            “We’re just discussing what your blushing bride will be wearing when she’s marrying herself off to you,” Ava responded. “But, carrying on with tradition, you are not allowed even the slightest inkling of what she’ll be wearing on the day. So, no peeking!”

            He held up his hands and chuckled. “I solemnly swear.”