6 | Jamie - Recovery

And now the floodgates cannot hold
All my sorrow all my rage
A tear drop falls on every page

And now the floodgates cannot holdAll my sorrow all my rageA tear drop falls on every page

Everything hurts. I only got shot in the shoulder. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal so why does everything hurt and why do I feel like I havent had anything to drink for 3 weeks.

I tried to roll over only to hear Liams voice telling me not to bother. I heard him but only just. I must've still been still waking up because he was right next to me and he sounded miles away.

I woke up fully after a few minutes. Everything definitely hurt. Not painfully but more like a dull ache. Everywhere.

"He actually fucking shot me didn't he?" I asked no one in particular but Liam chuckled at the side of me.

"That he did, Titch. Didn't hit anything important though, he aimed right."

"I didn't think he would," I muttered under my breath but I knew Liam heard because he was shaking his head at me. "Why do I feel like I've been hit like a truck if I was only shot?"

"Whoever held you dosed you with something. Must've been very quick acting and strong though cos according to Harry you didn't flinch when he pulled the bullet out. Oh, and it had some kind of antincoagulant in it. You lost A LOT of blood but Harry managed to minimise it."

I had a few issues with what he had said. Medically I believed him fully. I felt like I had been run over by a steam roller; blood loss and being drugged explained that perfectly.

My issues resided with the 'Harry'of it all.

He hates me. Why would he dig a bullet out and then stop me from bleeding out? I dont believe that for a second.

It made me think though. Why do I hate him? Is he really as bad as I made him out to be?

It must be the pain killers I'm on making me doubt myself. I definitely hate him. Right?

Oh fuck.

My brain hurts.

"Can I go now? I need a shower and sleep." I asked him swinging my legs over the side of the bed to stand up and as Liam went to answer my question I interrupted him- "Wait, how long have I been out?"

"You were out a few hours. Its 4am, now," I groaned and he carried on speaking with a grin on his face, "Just rest and keep it clean please. Stitches out in 10 days give or take."

I nodded and started walking away when I heard him call out to me, "Stephen wants you in his office before you go back. Good luck with that titch."

I gave an exasperated sigh. Just what I need when I've been conscious for less than 30 minutes. A fucking meeting with dear old dad.

I just had to remind myself to play nice. Be a yes man. Well woman. If I behave, I get to go back to bed, lord knows I need to sleep.