9 | Harry - What the hell is going on?

All these lines, in the air
I dont know if anyone would care
Im losing my friends, in the wave
Of all these fragments I cant fake

*A/N: Trigger for gore/violence/mentions of dead bodies

The song lyrics apply to whats happening to Jamie in this chapter just fyi *

Jamie's team moved really well through the building and the fact she let the mouthy fucker lead and she was nowhere in sight was actually amusing

I had expected her to lead her group and make sure he was put into his place but I suppose there's method in her madness.

I actually envied how her brain works sometimes. She was so smart and quick at thinking of last second plans. I honestly think I'm the only one that has noticed just how intelligent she is.

She may not understand half of the shit Liam spewed at her the other day about the drugs they found in her system, truth be told neither did I but she understood more than she thought.

She also doesnt know that I was listening in. It wasnt intentional, I just happened to be going to ask Liam the same thing because it was odd to me how only she was targeted.

The name Harrison was bothering me too. I had looked him up in our file but couldn't find anything about anyone named Harrison. He seemed to be a ghost.

Obviously he isn't a ghost if hes being named so there is a record of him somewhere but it isn't in our files anywhere. I'm not really sure where to look otherwise. I could always ask Ellie. Computers are her thing.

Once I'd text her in confirmation that we were ready, Inlet my team begin moving through the building. Usually I would have lead the group but I opted to follow Jamie's lead and let them figure it out themselves whilst I trailed behind them.

There was only maybe 30 minutes between her team finishing and my team starting but in that 30 minutes something had gone seriously wrong.

I gathered my team and made sure we all moved together. It was a gut instinct that something was wrong. Over the years I had learned to trust the feeling.

We weren't splitting up. We had to stay together.

We cleared each room one at a time only to find that every single one of them was empty. None of her team was anywhere in sight.

This was bad.

I knew Jamie. I knew she wouldve said to cause a mess so for there to be nothing it was suspicious. Even if she thought me and mouthy fucker were up to something she wouldn't have given in so easily.

I walked out of the building with my team closely behind me. Regrettably, I was not armed. None of us were. That wasnt an issue for me but I know new recruits feel safe when they are armed.