20| Harry - Suits and Ballgowns

CW/TW: BLOOD AND VIOLENCE

All the way here this morning the atmosphere was tense

Four very large, very dominant personalities cramped in a small car along with Louis' horrendous driving is a situation no one wants.

We had left pretty early too and I know how grumpy I am without coffee and the same goes for Louis and Stephen.

Stephen looked shocked to see me there this morning which means, in Jamie's hypothetical situation a few days ago, I wasn't the person he had suggested.

Jamie has texted me a couple times on the car ride. Mostly just whining about how bored she was.

She had told me yesterday that she wanted to keep our usual flirty - I'm calling it flirty, banter to when we were alone.

Fine by me.

Last thing I need is her 'brother' and 'father', also my bosses, questioning my non relationship with her.

I don't even know what we're doing with each other. I kiss her when I want, hold her when I want but she never reciprocates.

Except once.

When I do make a move, she doesnt stop me either. I'm so confused.

I know she only invited me tonight to piss Stephen off. I'm not blind. Anyone can see how much she hates him.

It's bonfire night. Hence why this 'business meeting' is tonight.

They use it as an excuse to show off how much power each group exudes within our own crime world.

The last time I attended one of these, we were ranked number 1 but only just and the few of us that accompanied Stephen were his personal guards, that's it.

We're stopping in a fancy hotel that sits exactly 3 minutes of a drive away from our venue.

Close enough to stagger home as Stephen puts it.

I guess he wants to get drunk today?

It's a full formal event, ball gowns and suits alike.

In true fashion. I've decided to don an all black suit.

Jamies has a ball gown though. I haven't seen it but I know she'll look absolutely stunning no matter what she chooses to wear. She always does.

We all have separate rooms which was surprising. Someone as frugal as Stephen wouldn't normally splurge like this.

He did request Jamie to drop by his room before she got ready for the festivities. My room joins onto his so I may be able to hear what's said.

Stephen and myself are on one side of the corridor with Jamie and Louis located across the hall from us.