21| Jamie - History

"

"...makes me sound old." 

"Jamie play with me. I want to have a tea party."

"I'm scared. Don't let them take me."

"Mr Holland has gone to sleep on the sofa."

My body was frozen. My brain is stuck in a cycle of flashbacks and memories. Things that had happened years ago.

Things I tried so hard to forget. I never wanted to go back there, but that place, the girl I was attached to the most, here she was. Stood right in front of me.

The guilt I felt for years swept back over me. The tidal wave of repressed emotion so strong I thought it would physically knock me over. 

"Hi, I'm Harry, you look stunning Rosie." His voice snapped me out of my thoughts. The ever charming businessman was out to play. For once I couldn't find it in me to be impressed.

It was like seeing her had put a lid on everything whilst also removing the dam blocking my emotional turmoil.

She muttered, very softly a thank you in response.

When I glanced around to look at everyone in  the group, Stephen was eyeing me with caution, Louis was trying not to look as awkward as it felt, Rosie was slightly cowering next to a smirking Harrison and Harry was looking around trying to assess the situation.

That child's voice had haunted me for years and now looking at the girl in front of me, it all came rushing back.

I needed to leave.

"Please excuse me." After that I got up and left as quickly as I could. Whilst looking as calm as possible for everyone's sake. 

I caught Louis' concerned eyes but shook my head and walked out. 

I needed privacy so I made my way blindly towards the toilets only to find they were on the opposite side of the building.

Just my luck.

Upon trailing around most of the building I eventually found the women's bathroom. I gently closed the door behind me and loosened my hair from its updo.

The relief on my head was instant. I shook my hair a little just to release a little bit of extra tension.

I walked over to the sink and braced both my hands either side. The memories of a time I tried so hard to remember taking over and crushing my lungs into my chest.

Rosie. Rosie was here. On the arms of the guy currently trying to kill me or do whatever. He wants me, the reason is unclear thus far.

My sweet Rosie. How the hell did she end up here? They were supposed to be free after I left. They should've been removed and grown up with a good life. Well, a good enough life one can have in the system.