11 | Harry - First Time

We're hangin' in the bars, runnin' after cars to get home
Wishing on the stars, wonder what you are?
I just don't know, he's beautiful
Maybe he shines a little more than me

Sitting here with my hands running through Jamie’s hair as she quietly cries on my shoulder is something I never thought I would have allowed myself to happen in a million years

Sitting here with my hands running through Jamie’s hair as she quietly cries on my shoulder is something I never thought I would have allowed myself to happen in a million years. Maybe even longer. Yet, here I am doing just that. 

I’m not mad about it either.

I might even go as far as to say that seeing her upset actually pulled on my almost non existent heart strings. We may never see eye to eye but I knew that for her to be this way and showing herself in a vulnerable way it must be bad. Especially if it's me that is seeing it. 

I would never ask her to tell me. We don’t have that kind of understanding. I will find out one day, one way or another. With or without her help.

I have been a complete and utter jackass to Jamie for years and now thinking back on it, it was for literally no reason other than my own enjoyment. Over the last few months I have come to realise that I really had no reason for it. 

Sure, we have had issues and clashed but that was normally because I was being a total tool with her. I know there was her stabbing me. That was in training and my fault. I didn’t move quick enough. I was arrogant enough to think she was going to be useless.

“I heard the name when I went to get you on that last job. The guy I shot told me that Harrison said to say hello or something like that. Any ideas?” 

“None whatsoever. It's all fucked.” She sat up and coughed to clear her throat.She shifted uncomfortably before moving to sit at the other end of her small sofa. She ran her hands through her hair and I was captivated by her movements. 

I shook my head to rid myself of my thoughts. I pondered for a moment about how we could go about finding out more information without getting caught or having to go to Stephen. My mind was coming up pretty empty.

Jamie would be able to come up with something, she alway did. I just needed her to calm down. I could see how worked up she was despite no longer crying. Her breaths were still ragged and uneven. She was silently sobbing.

I knew what would work. I’ve been wanting to do it for years. Even though she didn’t like me, and I don’t particularly like her, I still very much wanted to do it. I just hoped she wouldn’t punch me for it.

Only one way to find out.

I got up and shifted so I knelt in front of her. She had sat with her knees apart so I slotted myself in between hers. I gently took one of her hands into my own and pulled it away from her face before doing the same to the other one.

“You got to calm down. I need that smart brain of yours to help figure out a problem.” I spoke softly.

“Figure it yourself. You normally prefer that.” she snapped at me and it felt like a stab in the stomach. I had always made a point of doubting her plans but that was out of jealousy. The truth couldn’t be the furthest from what I made it out to be if I tried.