2: Run In

I was finally getting some time off.

So this morning I decided to go for a run after sleeping in a bit. It was the only way I knew how to make sure I didn't absolutely crack under the pressure of my job.

If I didn't sweat it out, I was bound snap. It's how I got rid of all my rage and anger, but also all the stress and sadness of the horrors I witnessed everyday in the ER.

I wasn't particularly fast or anything, I just did it for the mental benefits. It made me happy.

When I pushed myself past the point of wanting to just quit, I entered a state where I felt like I was floating. My mind went completely blank, and I craved that feeling.

After awhile, I ended up in a park and practically collapsed onto the soft grass. It was warm from the shining sun, and it soothed me as I laid there panting, trying to catch my breath.

I loved the way my legs always pulsated after a run, my heart thumping loudly as it returned to its normal rate.

The human body was amazing. Running reminded me of that, of how lucky I was to be able to move freely. When I ran, it was a sacred form of worship celebrating all my body could do.

I laid on my back and closed my eyes, enjoying the music in my headphones and the way the sun soaked into my skin.

It had rained for a few days, and I was so glad the storm had finally passed for my time off.

Suddenly, a shadowed crossed my face, and I peeked one eye open to see what had happened. I figured it was just a cloud or something, but I panicked when I saw the silhouette of someone standing over me.

Quickly, I shot up and scrambled to my feet, forcing my eyes to adjust to the harsh light so I could see who in their right mind would approach me in such a way.

"Good afternoon, Y/n," the man smiled at me.

"Eh?" I questioned as I shielded my eyes from the blinding light with my hand. "Oh, it's you. Alleyway guy."

He didn't look nearly as angry and intense as the first time I met him. I was shocked when he smiled at me, "Geto."

"No, no. I remember," I smirked as I crossed my arms. "Are you stalking me now or something?"

He chuckled a bit, "Not at all. I saw you running and decided to wait until you were finished so I could talk to you."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "So not stalking... just, following?"

"Well, I wasn't exactly the kindest when we met, so I apologize, but also I wanted to say thank you."

I walked closer to him, reaching for the hem of his shirt, "How are you healing? Can I take a look?"

"Oh, uh, sure," his voice was a lot less composed than it was the last time we met too.

I lifted up the bottom of his shirt slightly, exposing not only his healing wound but also his powerful body.

It was dark when I last saw him, and I was zoned in on his stitches, so I didn't really notice much else about him. I definitely didn't notice how built and muscular he was.

But now, it was hard to really focus on much else. I forced myself to shake the thought and examined his wound, surprised to see it was practically healed.

I absentmindedly ran my fingers across the scarring gash, "How?..."

I looked up at him with wide eyes. I had never seen anything like this during my time training to be a doctor. There's no way he should already be healed like this.