10: Caught

I sat on my couch, hunched over as my elbows rested on my knees. I stared at the hourglass that was now just resting on my coffee table.

Suguru hadn't taken his eyes off me for even a moment. But his two friends, who I now knew were Satoru Gojo and Nanami, stood around and mumbled to themselves.

How long were they going to stay here? They had what they wanted and there was no way I'd be giving up any other information.

"Y/n," Suguru called out in a soft voice, making all my insides crawl. "Can you just tell us how you got this?"

"She's obviously a cursed user," Gojo interjected.

I was somewhat familiar with all the sorcery terms. To be honest, I was pretty far removed from that world and it was definitely intentional. Still, I knew what a cursed user was, and that wasn't me at all.

"You have the Time Turner. Just take it and leave,"
I mumbled as I looked at Gojo. I couldn't bring myself to even glance at Suguru.

It hurt too much.

I thought he loved me. And no matter what I did, my mind played out the events of last night on a loop.

Why did he say he was falling in love with me? Why'd he have to say we were together and that I was everything he wanted? Why the hell did he sleep with me?

He already had what they wanted... Why did he have to hurt me? To use me like this, it cut me so deeply.

Gojo smirked, "Not until you answer all our questions sweetheart. Even then, there's no guarantee we're letting you walk away from this."

My eyes widened, "W-what do you mean?"

"It means," he crouched down smugly. "Cursed users don't get to keep on living freely."

"I'd love to see you stop me," I snarled back.

This is why no one fucking likes sorcerers. They think they're so much better than everyone. They think they're the good guys, but really, they're just as awful.

I had my entire life planned out, and being a Protector was only a small portion of that. Something I only agreed to after the death of my parents.

But I still wanted to be a doctor. I wanted to live out my life normally. I wanted to settle down someday, maybe with a family and a house of my own.

I worked so hard to get to this point. They'd have to kill me before I'd let them take it all away. I'd rather be dead than in the world of sorcery.

Nanami pinched the bridge of his nose, "You're clearly outnumbered here. Can you just cooperate?"

"Or we'll have to take you to Jujustu High and the higher ups," Gojo added. "And they won't be nearly as patient."

"Oh so you're not actually in charge like you keep claiming to be? Good to know," I smirked up at him.

"You're a lot cuter with your mouth shut," he hissed backed. "Maybe I should shut it for you."

"I'm not really into bondage. Thanks though," I teased.

"Suguru," he turned his attention elsewhere. "We can't do this all fucking day."

I zoned out as I stared at the hourglass, contemplating my next move. It would be risky, but maybe I could use it to get out of here.

Then again, activating a cursed object as powerful as this one would attract a ton of cursed spirits. And as much as I needed a way out, I couldn't put all these innocent people at risk.