32: A Step Closer

**Geto POV**

There was only one place I could think where to start my search for Y/n, and that was Baba's house.

As I stood in front of it, I couldn't bring myself to go inside. My eyes were locked onto the porch where Y/n and I sat together under the moonlight.

The spot where we decided we would run away together. Where we talked about having a family and settling down in a house away from the city. I really thought we were going to make it.

I quickly wiped the tears that were creeping up and forced myself to the front door. I could still have that life with her. I just needed to get my shit together and figure out where the hell she went.

As I grabbed the handle, a voice called out from behind me, "Can I help you?"

Just my luck.

I slowly turned around, seeing a pregnant woman probably my age walking towards me.

"Yea, uh, I knew the woman that lived here. I was hoping to look around for a minute."

She crossed her arms as she glared at me. I don't know why she thought she was intimidating. She was about to pop.

"Geto, right?" she huffed out.

"Do I know you?" I furrowed my brows at her. I was definitely confused now. I have no idea who this woman is.

She walked towards me, grabbing her keys, "What the hell took you so long? I thought I'd only have to wait like a week or something."

"Who are you exactly?" was all I could manage to say to that. I already knew I shouldn't have waited this long to start looking for her. Part of me was just so afraid to confront all of this head on.

"Mya. Y/n's childhood friend and Baba's caretaker once she left."

"Ok..." I mumbled, still not really understanding. "And how do you know me?"

She rolled her eyes as she opened the door and walked in, waving for me to follow. I had nothing else to do, so I trekked in after her.

"I'm supposed to give you this," she waved a small little book in the air that was resting on the table.

"What? Why?" I examined it as soon as she passed it over to me.

"Well, if you met Baba, then you should already know no one says no to that woman."

I flipped through the pages, stopping occasionally to read the small notes written in the margins. It took me a minute, but I finally remembered.

This was the book Y/n bought when we went shopping. The same time she bought me my bracelet— the one I haven't taken off since.

It wasn't anything special though. Just an ordinary novel. So why was it left for me?

And who annotates books they read for fun... I couldn't help but smile to myself. Y/n's quirks were so adorable.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" I finally looked up at her.

She sighed as she took a seat on the couch, slowly and awkwardly lowering herself down as she held onto her stomach.

"According to Baba, you're the only person Y/n's loved. So Baba's dying wish is to hook you two up."

She laughed, "I guess you could say she's a fan."

My head was spinning and I had to quickly take a seat too, sitting on the opposite side of the couch from Mya.

"Y/n's plans are in there," she nodded over to the book. "You might have to study a little bit, but I guess they're all there."