37: Reunion

**Y/n POV**

It was such a beautiful spring day in Japan. Not too hot, not too cold. One of the days where the humidity was manageable, and there was a nice breeze to contrast the glistening sun.

I missed Tokyo so much. Part of me was disappointed I came back for this because it reminded me just how much this place would always be home.

Maybe someday I'd move back for good, but I still wasn't convinced sorcerers were going to play as nicely as they said they would.

I was staying at Aiko's cute house that she got with her newlywed husband, but I told her I'd meet her at the high school later. Before this super fun get together, I wanted to visit all my favorite spots.

First, I got tea. Then, I got lunch. And now, the best part of being home, my favorite desserts. Mochi, dango, and since I was feeling extra inspired, my strawberry shortcake cup.

I was in heaven, embracing fully my vacation mode. Technically I guess I was here for work, but how boring is that.

Not to mention I was probably stress eating just a little bit. I can't believe I was about to walk into a room with all the people I both hated and loved most in this world.

Still, remaining unbothered was my top priority at this point. I definitely had a persona to keep up with when it came to sorcerers.

I'm pretty sure that's the main reason I was wanted here: to serve as a reminder that we were more than capable of fighting back should it ever come to it.

I was looking forward to seeing how all those cute kiddos grew up. I was actually pretty excited to see Nanami too.

We kept in touch for awhile. He really was such an amazing friend to me, and at some point I know we both thought we wanted more than that.

But that's the thing about pushing people away, you have to accept the fact that they might move on without you.

And that's what Nanami did. I was happy for him when I heard he was getting serious with someone back here.

I haven't really talked to him since, but I hope that he's well. I've never met anyone more deserving of unconditional love and happiness.

Then, of course, the real reason I was absolutely terrified to show up today. So much so I was already incredibly late.

Suguru.

The man who, obnoxiously so, still crossed my mind every single day. My memories with him still fresh in my heart, as if they happened yesterday.

The love I experienced with him, even if short lived, would always be a highlight in my life. To this day, I still loved him so fully. It made it impossible to move on.

I had never felt that way before, and part of me knew I would never feel that way again. It didn't matter now though. I wasn't in denial, I knew there would be no way he ever still thought about me.

Not that he should, I dumped him and then almost fucked his friend. I didn't. But I almost did. At the time I definitely wanted to, and Nanami definitely wanted it too.

Suguru deserved it though. After the shit that man put me through, I can't even believe he meant anything to me.

But he meant everything.

He was also the new principal, and from what I understand, the one mostly in charge of organizing all this, so he'd definitely be there.