twenty : war

twenty : war

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of mental disorders

BEFORE GETTING ON THE AIRCRAFTS THAT FLOATED ONLY A FEW FEET FROM THE GROUND TO GET THEM TO THEIR DESTINATION BY THE BARRIER, ELAINE SPOKE TO BUCKY. With the dark feeling in the pit of her stomach telling her that she needed to do something with her unsaid feelings, Elaine needed to tell Bucky Barnes how she felt.

During her time in Wakanda, Elaine and Bucky got to know each other, just like she wished before she had died. Dying changed something within her, and her feelings for Bucky were stronger than just an urge to protect him. At first, it was his smile, the way it always reached his eyes and how they crinkled at the corners. Then, it was his laugh, his laugh that made her stomach flutter like a whole species of butterflies were in her stomach. After that, it was his actions. And Elaine soon began to realized and notice every little thing about him.

She probably should've told him right then and there, but instead, she opted for. "I have something to tell you later."

She had received a small nod and smile before he grabbed his gun and joined her on the aircraft. During her time on the run, Elaine had developed severe mental disorders. Anxiety, depression, and panic disorders, all of which affected her in the field. And in that moment, her anxiety was racing through the roof. She knew that things were going to end badly, and she couldn't tell any of them for the risk of anyone wanting to sacrifice Vision.

      With everyone standing in their spots accordingly, Steve, Elaine, Natasha, and T'Challa went to speak with Proxima, who was on the other side of the barrier, waiting for them.

"Where's your other friend?" Elaine mocked, smirking at the aliens on the other side of the barrier.

Proxima's nostrils flared in anger, but she managed to keep her cool. "You will pay for his life with yours. Thanos will have that stone."

"That's not gonna happen." Steve deadpanned.

"You are in Wakanda now." T'Challa warned. "Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood."

"We have blood to spare." Proxima assured before thrusting her right arm in the air with her weapon in hand. The alien vessels that came down not long ago began expanding to their full hight, creating clouds of dust to whisk into the air.

They knew the aliens who had no place on Earth would never surrender. So they walked back to the Wakandans and their friends, standing back in their places.

"They surrender?" Bucky asked the question that had the obvious answer. Everyone just wished they could reply the opposite of the truth.

So Steve went with something simple. "Not exactly."

The moment the space animals appeared from the trees in the distance, T'Challa made his calling to his people, and they called back. They were ready to fight this war.

Elaine could feel Bucky's emotions from next to her — he was beyond confused.

"What the hell?" He rasped in question, never seeing anything like this.

"Looks like we pissed her off." Natasha stated as her eyes scanned the length of the barrier.

Every space animal that could get to the barrier rammed their bodies into it. But as soon as they did, they began dying, loosing limbs, getting through and then dying, or all three. But some were able to pass into Wakanda through the holes that the other aliens opened.

Okoye watched with pure disgust and pity. "They're killing themselves."

The Wakandan warriors began using their fabric shields, which had vibranium sewed into it; they created a long shield that protected them. They then pointed their spears at the aliens that got through, and fired as soon as T'Challa gave the call.

Bucky began firing his impressive gun, and Bruce used Veronica — Tony's suit that they created together to help detain the Hulk — to fire repulsor beams at the aliens. Sam literally flew in and also began taking them down.

The grass was catching on fire in certain spots, or completely turning to smoke. The smell left a bad taste in the back of Elaine's throat, and she watched as Rhodes dropped bombs by the barrier. Now, the aliens were on fire, and getting through the barrier.

"Cap, if these this circle the perimeter and get in behind us, there's nothing between them and Vision." Bruce warned through his earpiece.

"Then we better keep 'em in front of us." Steve easily concluded.

"How do we do that?" Okoye asked Steve and T'Challa.

T'Challa looked to Okoye and pursed his lips for a moment. "We open the barrier." T'Challa pressed his earpiece to talk with Shuri. "On my signal, open North-West Section Seventeenth."

"Requesting confirmation, My King." Elaine heard Shuri's confusion. "You said open the barrier?"

"On my signal." T'Challa ordered. After a long moment, he made a call that allowed the Wakandans who made the long shield to stand back straight and get rid of it. He stepped up to the front, making one final call. "Wakanda Forever!"

Every Wakandan readied their weapons again and made war cries before each battling person sprinted towards the aliens. Elaine heard as T'Challa ordered. "Now!"

The barrier opened, letting in the enemy aliens on the other side.

And the war had begun.

▔▔▔▔▔▔
part 1/2 of the double update!!