twenty five : nebula

      CAROL AND ELAINE WERE ONLY AROUND THE CORNER BEFORE NATASHA WAS HEARD AGAIN. Elaine honestly just wanted Natasha to take a hint and let her be independent.

      "Hey. You know, we usually work as a team here.." Her voice trailed off as Carol and Elaine gave her a bores look. "And, uh, between us, morale's a little fragile."

      Elaine couldn't believe Nat was talking about confidence. She took a step towards the unnatural blonde and leaned and inch closer. "You and I both know I was only here for Bucky, Wanda, and Vision. They're all gone, and I have nothing to lose. You need to understand that."

      "We realize up there is more your territory, and Elaine— well, we don't know yet, but this is our fight, too." Steve stood his ground, which was basically crumbling beneath him and everyone else.

      "You two even know where he is?" Rhodes asked, his arms crossed below his chest and leaning on the side of the wall.

      "I know people who might." Carol shrugged.

      A new voice came from behind. "Don't bother." When Carol and Elaine turned around, they kind of forgot about the blue and robot-like.. person. "I can tell you where Thanos is. Thanos spent a lot time trying to perfect me. And when he worked, he talked about his Great Plan. Even disassembled, I wanted to please him. I'd ask.. "Where would we go once his plan was complete?", And his answer was always the same." She paused and turned around, placing her hands on the table and leaning her weight on it. "To the Garden."

      Rhodes raised his eyebrows and gave an acknowledging nod to the side. "That's cute. Thanos has a retirement plan."

      "So where is he?" Elaine cut to the point, not much caring about her sob story.

      Rocket raised his clawed paw and made the hologram of Earth appear. "When Thanos snapped his fingers, Earth became ground zero for a power surge of ridiculously cosmic proportions. No one's ever seen anything like it. Until two days ago," Rocket made the hologram zoom out and travel a few light years behind Earth. "on this planet."

      With one look at the planet that looked like a much healthier Earth, Nebula nodded. "Thanos is there."

      Natasha copied the stance Nebula was in and leaned closer to the hologram. "He used the stones again."

      "Hey, hey, hey." Bruce's' uncertain chuckled came after Natasha's words. "We'd be going in shorthanded, you know?"

      "Look, he's still got the stones, so.." Rhodes was interrupted by Carol.

      "So let's get 'em." She nodded. "Use them to bring everyone back."

      "Just like that?" Bruce asked, still very queasy at the going in blind part of the plan.

      "Yeah," Steve nodded. "Just like that."

      Natasha came again with her thoughts. "Even if there's a small chance that we can undo this.."

      Elaine finished for the former assassin. "We owe it to everyone who's not in this room to try."

      Bruce spoke again. "If we do this, how to we know it's gonna end any differently than it did before?"

      "Because before you didn't have me." Carol answered before giving a side glance to Elaine. "She's more powerful than you guys may think. With my help, she could be even stronger. As in stronger than me, and stronger than Thanos."

      "That takes time." Elaine shook her head. "Time we don't have. You're our best shot."

      "Hey, new girl?" Rhodes caught Carol's attention. "Everybody in this room is about that superhero life. And if you don't mind my asking, where the hell have you been all this time?"

      "There are a lot of other planets in the universe." She rebutted. "And unfortunately, they didn't have you guys."

      Rhodes and Steve made the same look as if to say she's not wrong.

      Thor suddenly stood up from his seat behind Carol and walked up to her. The blonde didn't even blink, nor back down when he towered over her. He outstretched his hand next to her head, causing a muffled rumbling before the large axe magnetically flew to his hand.

      Carol's hair swiveled in the short wind that followed, but not once backed off. It was like she saw right through him before she smirked.

      "I like this one." Thor gave his approval with a blank expression, nodding his head. Elaine knew Thor wouldn't even try anything in the first place.

      He was a huge feminist.

      Steve took one long look at the new planet's hologram before looking at the rest. "Let's go get this son of a bitch."