twenty nine : the smart hulk

WITH ALL THE NOISE, ELAINE WAS GROWING CURIOUS AS SHE WALKED CLOSER TO THE VOICES. But, she definitely didn't expect to see Scott's trashy van parked inside the compound level storing every jet and vehicle and Bruce, who was now a talking smart Hulk, messing with a setup that controlled the thing in the back of Scott's van.

      Elaine assumed that they were about to time travel. "Oh, what the hell?" She screeched, throwing her arms up as she stalked over to Steve, Bruce, and Natasha. "Are you guys about to time travel without me?"

      Bruce laughed as he continued. "Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one. Scott, fire up.. the uh, the van thing." Scott opened the back to the van, and a colorful tunnel appeared in some machine.

      "Breakers are set." Steve confirmed, walking back to them. "Emergency generators are on stand by."

      "Good, because if we blow the grid, I don't want to lose, uh, Tiny here in the 1950s." Bruce joked as Natasha handed her a tablet with the time travel info.

      Scott's head snapped up. "Excuse me?"

      Elaine had a scolding look on her face. "He's kidding." She glared up Bruce, but kept a smile on her face. "You can't say things like that."

      "It— it just—. It was a bad joke." Bruce stammered. Scott nodded with slight uncertainty and walked to the time machine.

      Elaine looked back to Bruce. "You were kidding, right?"

      "I have no idea." He told her, keeping his voice low. "We're talking about time travel here. Either it's all a joke, or none of it is." He then gave a thumbs up to Scott. "We're good!" Elaine and Natasha both put on smiles when they faced Scott. "Get your helmet on. Scott, I'm gonna send you back a week.. let you walk around for an hour, then bring you back in ten seconds. Make sense?"

      "Perfectly not confusing." Scott waved off.

      "Good luck, Scott." Steve gave an encouraging nod. "You got this."

      "You're right. I do, Captain America." And then, he was sucked into the machine and disappeared.

      "On a count of three.." Bruce started. "Three, two, one." With a click of a few buttons, Scott was back, but it wasn't Scott?

      It was a kid, maybe around 9? "Uh.. guys?" Younger Scott asked. "This-this doesn't feel right."

      Elaine could barely make out everyone talking at the same time.

      "What is this?" Steve.

      "What's going on?" Bruce.

      "Who is that?" Natasha. "Is that Scott?"

      "It looks more like Steve to me." Elaine tilted her head to inspect the face.

      "Yes, it's Scott!" The boy hissed. He was suddenly sucked back into the machine before being spit out again.

      "Oh, my back!" This time, it was an old man.