twenty two : all i feel is pain

      ELAINE COULD FEEL THE DARK PIT IN HER STOMACH GROWING WITH EACH MOVE SHE MADE

      ELAINE COULD FEEL THE DARK PIT IN HER STOMACH GROWING WITH EACH MOVE SHE MADE. It felt like a toxic poison, slowly taking over her body no matter how hard she tried to resist. It was like she could see the soft green grass turning brown, the trees in the distance burning down, the water drying up. It felt like everything around her was dying.

      She watched Thor take down the retreating vessels one by one, not leaving a single alien animal to escape in them. Projecting herself back on the ground with her sister next to her, she watched Wanda kneel beside Vision.

      She let them have their moment before Vision let out a small, pained grunt.

      "He's here." Vision warned as Elaine and Wanda locked eyes. Wanda stood as the leaves began to break off the trees and the wind picked up.

      Not far away, Steve was there as well, also noticing the abrupt change. "Everyone, on my position. We have incoming."

      The others weren't far behind, and Elaine could make out a small, "What the hell." From Natasha.

      Everyone's eyes were sharp, waiting for the intruder that was about to come. Looking ahead, dark clouds of black and blue swirled in the front of them, coming from seemingly nowhere as if it were a teleporter. Small streaks of sharp lighting laid within the clouds as a large creature stepped out.

      Thanos.

      He was large and purple, with a gauntlet on his left hand, holding all but one of the Infinity Stones. He wore armor, but it wasn't the kind you fight in, more like a leader's armor.

      Elaine and Wanda readied their glowing powers in their hands, everyone else soundlessly staring ahead at the still and silent alien.

      "Cap." Bruce stated in the suit after a long moment. "That's him."

      Steve made his shields sharp once more, a determined look cemented on his face. "Eyes up. Stay sharp."

      The moment Steve began running to Thanos, the purple alien calmly walked to meet him in the middle. Bruce began his flight at Thanos, only for him to use one of the Infinity Stones and make him fly straight through. Thanos turned and pushed Bruce into the rock wall with the stone, solidifying him inside.

      With a simple hand motion, Steve was also thrown aside. T'Challa jumped into the air next, vibranium claws extended and ready to attack before Thanos used his hand protected by the gauntlet and caught T'Challa by the throat. Using his unprotected hand, he punched T'Challa across the face, throwing the King to the ground.