Chapter 06: secluded getaway

When I had closed my eyes to ignore Ethan, I must have drifted off to sleep, and only woke up now to an argument between Felix and Lauren. Am I surprised? No, not at all.

"It's letter!" Felix objects.

"It's color!" Lauren exclaims, sounding so over this, but I know she's not a person to shut up.

"What the fuck are you two arguing about!?" I have to ask, my voice coming out dry from sleeping, but loud enough for them to hear.

"Eye Spy." Hanna groans, rolling her head back against her seat.

She has got to be joking. They're arguing over a game...

"It's letter." I state my own opinion.

"Thank you, Chest." Felix says, my jaw ticking at the nickname that he still calls me.

"Well, we're doing color, it's easier." Lauren says, and I mean, it does sound easier.

"Nope, sorry but no." He objects.

"Why's he so...?" I whisper to Ethan, who only gives me an awkward look.

"Why not?!" Lauren yells.

"Because I can't see them!" Felix yells back, and Ethan raises his brows at me, realization falling over me. "I have deuteranopia, which is colorblindness, so no, we're not doing colors if you want every answer to be wrong. I mean, I could guess, but it'll be mostly wrong."

"But you have a colored tattoo." Lauren points out in a confused voice, only making me stifle a laugh because she's not wrong.

"I know. And that's red, but I only see it as gold dull color, pretty cool actually." He mutters to himself. "Now, can we please do letters."

"Fine, if we must." Lauren says, looking out of the window which is my cue to leave them to it.

"Wait, he's colorblind?" I ask Ethan, quite surprised I never knew of this.

"Yep, he comes to me with his outfits, and I tell him the wrong colors, it's fun." Ethan says lowly and I gape at him, whacking his chest making him laugh. He's such an asshole.

"Ethan, that's so cruel!" I hiss quietly.

"I know" He chuckles to himself.

"You're such a dick." I roll my eyes, lying my head back against my seat.

"You love this dick, and my dick, so shut up, baby." He smiles over at me, and my heart skips a beat at the familiar name of adoration. It's the first time he's called me it since the breakup, and it came out so freely.

We're getting closer and closer the more time we spend with each other, and I'm scared of how close we're going to get this weekend. There's only a fine line between this; what we are right now, and what we were back in December.

A very fine line.

~~

When I had woke up before, I hadn't realized how long I was asleep for, but apparently it was longer than I had thought since the rest of the journey turned out to only be less than an hour. I'm now sat here in complete shock after Ethan telling me that we have five minutes until we arrive at the beach house, because in all honesty I expected maybe another hour to this drive.

"How long was I asleep before?" I blurt out, my eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Around two hours, you looked like you needed it." Ethan says softly, and my jaw drops slightly. I was asleep for two hours, whilst I was in a moving vehicle no less. "You look comfy."