Chapter 12: an unexpected bombshell

Trigger warning: mentions of miscarriage, not in depth, just a conversation of it in the past, but if you will be triggered by it, even if you're not totally sure, please do not risk it for my shitty writing. I love you all, stay safe!

I'm staring at my reflection – something I've caught myself doing a lot more recently, only now, I'm liking what's staring back at me. Well, aside from the hickey's that I've so desperately tried to cover up but failed miserably at doing, of course.

Ethan's on my bed behind me, watching my every move as I adjust my baby pink bikini over my boobs, or in this particular situation, my lack off. This bikini is a lot smaller than I recall – I love small bikini's because they make an illusion of cleavage, but I have somehow forgotten just how small they are.

With this bikini, there's just the important places being covered with triangular shaped swimsuit fabric. The top is very small, it only covering my pierced nipples and a little bit of my actual boob, but the straps are very secure so that makes me feel somewhat better. The front of the bottoms has quite good coverage, so you can't see my pubic area, but the back is a full thong, the band high enough to rest on my hips.

"You look hot as fuck." Ethan says, and I meet his eye contact through the mirror.

"You're supposed to be possessive and tell me to wear a shirt over it." I sigh, further expecting myself in the mirror. I look good, there's no denying that, but I'm nervous about wearing it outside.

"You would have my head if I said that, and you know I wouldn't." He says, and I purse my lips, cocking my head to the side.

"There's no hiding the marks you left on me." I mutter, turning slightly to inspect my ass that literally has a hand print of how hard he had grabbed it.

"Yep, my whole point, darling. You're mine." He smiles over at me. "I promise you; you look amazing. But, you can always wear a shirt if you don't feel comfortable."

"My tattoos do look good." I comment, smiling at the artwork.

"Yes, they do." He chuckles, getting up from the bed. "You look great, baby."

Ethan's arms snake around my waist, his hands settling on my lower belly, and our eye contact never drops in the mirror as he pulls me flush against his body. He leans his chin down on my head and gives me a smile. He's wearing a pair of black swim shorts, the band of them white, and he looks amazing.

"We're a very attractive couple." He comments and I laugh, turning around to look at him. He cups my face with both hands and lowers his lips down to mine, leaving a soft chaste kiss. He doesn't leave me any time to kiss him back before he's pulling away, pressing another kiss to my forehead. "I love you, darling."

"I love you, too." I grin up at him.

A loud knock comes from my door, and Ethan and I share a confused look. I grab my robe, pulling it on over my bikini before he goes over to the door and answers it. Lauren, Matt and Hanna are stood there, and tears discreetly brimming Lauren's eyes but I saw them as soon as the door opened. She gives Ethan a smile, hiding her emotions.

"Can we come in, we need Frankie?" Lauren asks him, her voice stable, gently looking over at me.

"Yeah, yeah, of course. I'm going downstairs, I'll leave you all to it." He says, giving me a smile, letting everyone walk into the room before he shuts the door behind him, leaving.

"Okay, the little one's gathered us like little ducks." Matt says before stopping at my bed, grimacing at it. "Before we proceed, did you have sex on this bed?"

"No, we were in his room." I roll my eyes, before looking at Lauren, who takes a seat at the bottom of the bed, hugging her knees to her chest. "Hey, are you okay?"