Chapter 31: welcome to LA

Walking out of the bathroom with a towel around me, I go over to where Ethan's sitting, at the edge of his side of the bed with a frown on his face and phone in hand. Though, I've just walked out of the shower and I'm still slightly wet, I don't hesitate in straddling him and wrapping him up in a bear hug. I feel his muscles relax, like all worries about our flight to LA leave, and then he's hugging me back. He sighs deeply into the crook of my neck, holding me close, "I needed that."

"I know, my love," I murmur, pulling back slightly to cup his jaw, "You have me. I'm not leaving."

"I don't know why I'm so nervous, but knowing you're going to be there the whole time makes me feel at ease," he admits, cupping my cheek and I smile, leaning into his palm, "It's four PM, we have to leave for the airport in half an hour, you think you can get ready in that much time?"

"It depends, I'm pretty comfortable here," I joke and he hums before suddenly standing up and throwing me back down on the bed, letting the towel undo. I'm completely naked in front of him, legs open and everything, "Oh, babe, if you wanted to see my tits, you could have just asked."

"Oh, babe, I know that. The towel undoing was just in my favour," he leans over me and dips his head down, pressing a kiss to my lips before pulling back. I don't miss how his eyes flicker down to my chest for a second before he's grinning back at me. He pulls back and taps my thigh, "C'mon, get ready, twenty-nine minutes now, clock's ticking."

"Bitch," I mutter under my breath

"What's that?" he calls, looking back, smirking at how I'm still laid.

"Nothing," I sing, closing my towel as I stand back up.

Ethan is ready, fit for the flight, all he has to do now is double check everything before we leave. I, however, still have to get ready. Just like him, I change into sweatpants and a comfortable hoodie; one of his actually.

Once I'm dressed, I make sure my phone is in my purse, ready for when we leave, and then braid my hair since it's still wet and I'm not in the mood to blowdry it. Ethan makes us sandwiches and I take my travel sickness medication before we leave the comfort of his room and say our goodbyes to his family.

"Bring back me a present?" Stevie asks his brother with the most adorable face, then Kurt joins her, leaving Ethan literally no choice.

"Maybe, okay? I'll be back in two days, you little stinks, you won't even notice I'm gone. In fact, you'll most likely be happy, so don't miss me too much," he messes with both of their hair, getting it in their eyes, which has them both giggling.

One week, I'll be moving in here alongside Lauren, and I cannot wait.

Maria approaches him and brushes down his hoodie, before directly looking in his eyes, "Text me when you land and when you get to the hotel, okay?"

"I'm not a child, mom," Ethan pulls her in for a hug, "But yes, I will."

"Thank you." Though I can't see her, I can hear she's smiling.

Scar then approaches us, "You both have a safe flight, if you need anything, we're only a phone call away, but have fun, it's LA, go see some attractions, don't limit yourself down to just a meeting there."

"We won't, we'll have fun, I'm sure of that," Ethan glances at me, and I know what he's thinking; he's already told me what he's planning when we're alone, but I don't need his parents to know that as well.

"C'mon then, kiddos, I'll show you out, grab your shit and let's go," Felix then chimes in, and I honestly didn't even notice him sitting on the sofa, but there he is, keys in hand, ready and waiting.