Part - 4

Jungkook entered the room along with Jimin to find four distressed faces. Worry was etched onto their features. He can read from their face that something terrible has happened. Fear and panic sank in to him. His heart was pounding too fast, almost coming out of his rib cage.

"What happened?" He asked but none of them replied. He was already panicked and their unresponsiveness was not helping him either. 

He looked around all of them expecting someone to speak up. Mr. and Mrs. Han had a shocked, frustrated and painful look on their faces. 

After what felt like an eternity, it was his mom who handed him a letter. Her eyes showed sorrow. She was sad that her son had to go through such a situation.

He prayed to his stars before opening the letter, to make his insights go wrong. But how can that be? This was something that had to happen. Nothing can happen against the verdict of the almighty. 

His lips quivered while reading the words imprinted on the paper in Lena's handwriting. 

"I am sorry. I can't marry him. It took me a while for me to understand that the thing I felt for him was a mere infatuation. I don't love him. Please forgive me and don't try to find me."

A gasp escaped his mouth. "This can't be true. She must be kidding." He looked at them to confirm that this was not a prank everyone was playing on him. But everyone was as shocked and hurt like him. 

His world shattered. He never expected that Lena would leave him like this in their marriage. "How could she?" His voice trembled. 

"She was in her room till midnight. I checked her in the midnight before going to bed. In the morning I went to her room to wake her up. But the door was open and she was not there." Mrs. Han was afraid how he would react to it. From Lena she knows that Jungkook looks scary when he gets angry. 

"We were checking each and every corner of the home and city till now." Mr. Han tried to explain the current situation. 

Mr. Han's phone rang, taking everyone's attention. 
After attending the call he averted his gaze to Jungkook. "It was from one of them we arranged to look for her. They said that she was at the airport and boarded the plane half an hour ago."

Jungkook looked so broken, dejected and crushed. His shoulders were slumped in defeat. His entire body tensed and stiffened and his fist clenched. The bride had run away creating a terrible mess and left everyone to deal with the frightening consequences. 

"Jungkook we know that this must be very difficult for you but the fact is that we have a wedding to go in less than one hour. If it gets canceled and the news spreads that the bride runs away, the entire Jeon family will be humiliated." Mrs. Jeon looked red in the face, like he was barely controlling his fury.

"We can't be embarrassed in front of thousands of people. You are the one who selected the bride and considering your feelings we agreed to it. But now the bride you chose runaway dragging our family name into a deep shame. Now it's your responsibility to wipe it off." Mr. Jeon was burning inside. His face was red with anger.

"What can I do now?" It was really unexpected for him. How can he come up with a solution within this short time. Of Course he was hurt to the core. But he can't throw his family name for humiliation.

"Replace the bride." It comes out like an order. 

"With whom?" 

"Y/N."

Jungkook's mouth went agape after hearing his father blurting out. 

"I will explain everything to our guests. And for the media they don't know who the bride is. So that won't be a problem."