Part - 9

You wore a long deep red dress that reached upto your knees. The upper part of the dress is strapless and simple. While the lower part flowed down beautifully with shimmering glitters and pearls at the hem making it more elegant and attractive. 

You applied minimal makeup and kept your hair simply down. You paired up the outfit with a red stiletto before climbing down the stairs to meet Jungkook in the living room, all set to go for the function.

Your heart skipped a beat seeing him absolutely stunning in the black outfit. His hair was parted sideways exposing his forehead. His perfect body proportions added charm to the whole outfit. A powerful charismatic aura emanated from him.

Both pairs of eyes locked each other for a good few moments. He scanned your face properly. His heart skipped a beat as his breath hitched for a moment making him confirm again for the nth time that his love for you never diminished a little bit. 

He was fooling his brain for the past few years by feeding the fake words. *He moved on from you!* But what he didn't know is that he can't fool his heart. 

"Can we go?" You said, making Jungkook break eye contact. 

"Yeah." He immediately walked out of the house to avoid the awkwardness.

Making small talks the car arrived at the venue. Including their parents and very close friends there were not many guests. It's a small lively function to celebrate one of the happiest moments in their life. Gender reveal of their first baby. 

As soon as you entered the venue, Jimin and his wife gave both of you a warm welcome. Even if you were not too acquainted with them before, you didn't feel left out in his friends circle. 

Pink balloons flew up from the box when Jimin and his better half, Jiya opened the box which held the gender of the baby secretly till now.  

"IT'S A GIRL." Cheerful voices echoed through the hall. Everyone congratulated them as you and Jungkook waited for your turn. 

"Congrats man. Now we will be waiting to see that cute girl who is going to be blessed with all the charm of her father." Jungkook shook his hands with Jimin. 

"Rather than waiting why don't you guys try to give a friend to our baby girl." Jimin smirking to Jungkook, making you both more awkward than you already are. 

"Yeah we will take care of that ourselves. No need for your shitty advice Mr. Park Jimin." Jungkook replied casually sliding his hands to your waist. 

You scoffed in your mind. 'We didn't even exchange a proper kiss after marriage. Here you are talking about babies.'

"Am I too late?" A familiar voice from the entrance caught the attention of all of you. 

Jiya's eyes sparkled seeing her older cousin brother after a long time. She went to give him a welcome hug.

"Yeah, but that's not a new thing tho." Jiya rolled her eyes at Namjoon, who came to see his little sister.

"I thought you won't be able to make it up this time too like what you did on our wedding day." She said, pouting to him. 

"Wow...Y/N, you are here!" You didn't tell him you were going to a function when you left early from the hospital. 

"I never expected you to be here." You went near him to greet.

"Why is he here?" Jungkook asked Jimin irritated by the unexpected entry of Namjoon. It was all smooth till now. He was enjoying the time with you and his friends. But god has some other plans to make him burn in jealousy again.