VI. Next step

A/N: Thank you for the support! My exams passed so I'll try my best to update more frequently if I can. Thank you for being understanding.

6.1. Party

The next morning I wake up with Zemo still holding me in his embrace and I smile enjoying it while it lasts. The others couldn't know about this and I wanted to make the most of it. Turning around to watch Zemo I can't help but find the calm expression on his face endearing.

"Morning, dove." Zemo's voice gets me out of my daydreaming and I blush slightly at the nickname. He chuckles at my embarrassment and kisses my forehead.

"I don't want to get up."

"Me neither." As we are just cuddling and enjoying each other's company we hear a knock on the door.

"Hey, uh Y/N are you awake? We can't find Zemo." Zemo stifled a laugh from behind me and I motioned for him to be quiet.

"Yeah, give me a minute to get ready. I'm sure he's around." I hear Sam move away from the door and let out a sigh. "How are we going to keep this up?"

"We've barely started, my dear." With a chuckle I get up, ignoring Zemo's protest of staying in bed longer. I changed out of whatever clothes Sharon had lended me last night and put on some jeans and a shirt.

"I'll distract them...I don't know, go out somehow and then get back in. You'll figure it out." Zemo rolls his eyes. The whole situation made me feel like I was in high school trying to hide a secret boyfriend from my parents. But my situation was much scarier.

If Bucky found out I'd forgiven Zemo he'd be pissed. I walk out of my room slowly making way towards the living room where Sharon is sitting having a drink.

"Where are the boys?" Sharon chuckles and rolls her eyes.

"Looking for your boyfriend." My eyes widen. Did she know?

"He's not my boyfriend."

"Oh, come on, I saw him going to your room last night." Damn it, she knew. I couldn't let her tell Sam and Bucky no way. I know her and I weren't exactly friends, but I had to convince her not to.

"Please don't tell them... It's complicated."

"Your love life is none of my business." She says and simply shrugs. "Besides you only live once, do whatever you want."

Her response surprises me, she was being so nice and understanding and I couldn't help, but feel being in Madripoor had changed her. She had a different attitude and I smiled at her grateful.

"Thank you, Sharon." Suddenly Zemo walks in from outside the apartment and it makes me chuckle. How he got out I had no idea. He winks at me just as Sam and Bucky also come in.

"Where the hell were you?" Sharon and I exchange a look as Zemo shrugs.

"Out. I got up early." Bucky doesn't seem satisfied with that answer, clearly not trusting Zemo at all. I sigh not wanting any confrontation right now.

"Oh really?" Bucky clearly isn't convinced still so I look to Sharon for help. She reads my worried expression and interjects.

"I saw him go out, he's fine. So about that doctor...I sell to some pretty connected people I will ask around. For now just blend in, enjoy the party and stay outta trouble." Sharon tells us there's a party going on downstairs and that she will be back pretty soon.

"Trouble." Zemo retorts with a smirk, pouring himself a drink.

I chuckle and quickly head into my room to put on something more suitable for a party. Not that it was the main reason for us being there but still it's a party so I might as well enjoy it. I loved the short black dress that Sharon had left for me. I smile at the gesture, she didn't really have to.

Outside I ignore Bucky looking at me as I grab Zemo's hand and drag him towards the party. He chuckles at my excitement and follows me onto the dance floor. I notice Bucky and Sam just lurking at the bar. Upbeat music was playing and lights were flashing all around in the spacious room. Making sure Bucky and Sam couldn't see us from where we were, I finally turned towards Zemo with a chuckle, seeing his dance moves.

I didn't know if I'd ever see him like this again, so carefree

I didn't know if I'd ever see him like this again, so carefree. He probably hadn't had the chance to really listen to music or dance since prison. I take a deep breath and walk the last few steps towards him.

His eyes meet mine and he smiles, slowly stopping his dancing. I stop a few centimeters away from him and lift up my hands to sway with the rhythm of the music. Zemo continues staring at me, making me nervous.

The fear of being caught suddenly disappears as I feel his hands on my waist, trying to match my moves. I knew our time would probably be short so I wanted to make the most of it, I did miss him. I inhale his scent and let out a sigh as Zemo spins me around to face him, my arms going around his neck instinctively.

To say I felt butterflies would be an understatement. Zemo looks at me and being only a little taller than me leans down to whisper in my ear.

"Want to go somewhere a little... private" His words make me freeze and my cheeks flush. The tone he used made me weak in the knees. After I nod he stops dancing and grabs my hand, pulling me through the crowd, not sure where he was taking me but all I cared about was getting out of the crowd and him.

He was consuming my thoughts and it was too late to  be rational or think about the mission. I follow him mindlessly as we make our way upstairs, back to Sharon's apartment.

We make our way into the room he'd been occupying as he closes the door behind us. Zemo doesn't really wait for me to say anything and kisses me, my eyes slightly widening at the sudden action. The kiss is soft, but needy, leaving a feeling of longing.

My hands trace a line from his arms to his hair, wanting to run my fingers through it. As I slightly tug on it Zemo lets out a soft grunt, locking his eyes with mine. His hands pull me closer to him, clearly not wanting there to be any distance between us. I don't even notice that he's slightly been pushing me to the wall.

Surprised by the sudden impact I gasp slightly and Zemo chuckles. I felt anxiety, fear and the thrill of possibly getting caught making out with the "enemy" or at least the person no one else trusted. A part of me felt like this was wrong and not supposed to be happening, but I couldn't care less at that moment.

My feelings for Zemo and the need to be with him was stronger than any rationality or considering how this would affect the mission. Zemo is wearing the same cologne as before and the smell completely engulfs me as his lips connect with mine again. I can slightly taste the alcohol from earlier on him.

His kisses are mesmerising, every other thought seemed to disappear, pulling me in as if the whole room around us just melted away...