8.3. Traveling thoughts

I was still in shock from what happened when Sam called for me to follow them. Walker had just killed someone. Given that he was grieving for his friend but that Flag Smasher wasn't the one who had killed him. Even if he had been that was extreme and unnecessary. The blood covering the shield, Steve's legacy was still haunting me as I ran after my friends. They were about to follow Walker into a building when I stopped them.

"Guys...I have to go do something." Bucky raises an eyebrow and I sigh. The thought of fighting Walker again was not that thrilling if I had to be honest. I knew he didn't deserve that shield, and of course I didn't want to just leave my friends to deal with it. However I felt the need to find Zemo as soon as possible, to have as much time with him as I can. Again I felt I was being selfish, but our time was limited. If he was where I thought he was going I had some catching up to do. "If you need me to I'll stay but-"

Bucky interrupts me while shaking his head as if knowing what I'm thinking of doing. "Go. We've got this." Smiling I give him a hug and squeeze Sam's shoulder.

"Go get your shield, captain." Winking at him I walk away. Guilt of leaving Sam and Bucky to do that on their own creeps in but I take a deep breath and ignore those thoughts as much as I can. I believed that they can handle it and I also knew I had a long journey ahead of me if I want to get to Zemo...

(A/N: I don't really enjoy describing fights like the one between Bucky&Sam and Walker so I decided to make us exit the scene lol, hope that's okay <3.)

When he had told me that I would know where to find him everything was such a mess that I didn't have time to think about it. Now as I was walking back to his apartment we had been staying at I start wondering what he could've meant by that. My mind was going over places that were meaningful to us when it suddenly hits me.

Sokovia. Or what's left of it. That's where he was going. I should've realized that sooner. My stomach turns as memories of the beautiful country that Sokovia once was fill my head. Even though I had come to terms with my involvement as an Avenger in its destruction it still made me feel extremely sad. What was Zemo going to do there? Had he come to terms with his situation and just wanted to see his home again? I want sure but suddenly I felt anxious. I had no idea what was going to happen when I went there, how much time did we have before Ayo or Bucky showed up.

Shaking my worries away I reach the apartment and grab my things including my passport and some money that Zemo had stashed there. He wouldn't mind anyways. I change my outfit and head out to find a way to Sokovia. I wondered whether to try and follow Zemo's path, but I wasn't sure if I knew how to use his secret tunnels so I decided to go with a more conventional route. But that would take ages...

Suddenly an idea hits me and I call my friend Ruth. "Hey. This is really out of the blue but do you know anyone in Latvia? Someone that can get me a helicopter preferably." Ruth doesn't ask why I would need such a thing and quickly managed to give me the coordinates to a contact of hers.

"I saved his life a while back on an FBI mission so he owes me. Just tell him that and he'll get you whatever you need."

"Thank you, Ruth, really...You're the best." Ruth chuckles.

"I know. Now go. Oh and Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"Be careful." Her concern makes me smile. Even though I hadn't told her a lot about me she was still my good friend and respected my boundaries for which I was grateful.

"I will be. Thank you."

Soon after she sends me the address of her contact and I head there on foot since it was right in the heart of the city. Finding the right apartment I take a deep breath and knock. When the man opens the door my eyes widen. You've got to be kidding me.

"Who are you and what do you want?" So he didn't recognize me. That might be for the best. I didn't have time for drama or reminiscing about the past.

"I'm a friend of Ruth's. I was told you owe her a favor." The man that Zemo and I had encountered in that bar years ago sighs.

"That I do. What does she want?"

"I need a helicopter. And you'll get it for me." He lets out a laugh.

"And who'll fly it? You?" Rolling my eyes I push him back into his apartment with a flick of my wrist.

"I can make you fly you out of this apartment if you don't stop wasting my time." He seems surprised by me and just nods.

"Fine. Wait...I know who you are." Raising an eyebrow I wait for him to continue. "You're an Avenger. I've seen you on the news."

"Yes, lovely to meet you, now get to it." Soon enough he makes a few calls and arranged for a helicopter to be waiting for me a little outside of town. I'm about to get on a motorcycle that I also asked for when the guy stops me.

"I know you from somewhere else don't I?" Chuckling I look at him one last time.

"You once tried hitting on me in a bar here. Didn't end well for you." Without waiting for his response I set out to get to the helicopter as soon as possible so that I can get to Zemo...

*Meanwhile Sam and Bucky after their fight with Walker*

"The GRC is conducting raids to try and find Karli, but so far they've only found her followers. She's gone." Torres who had also joined them saw Bucky with his sleeve back and made a joke about it but got no response as Sam and him saw Bucky was ready to head out.

"Are you off to take care of Zemo?" Bucky looked at Sam and nodded. He knew that's where Y/N had also gone and he wanted to give her a head start. Bucky had overheard her conversation with Ayo and knew Y/N had promised to bring him to them, but he couldn't be certain that she would do it. So he had to go. As much as he knew it would hurt his friend he had to get Zemo to the Dora Milaje...

**Back to Y/N's POV**

I land the helicopter a little further away from the Sokovia memorial where I expected to find Zemo and walk the rest of the way. When I reach the clearing with the monument I see him standing in front of it. Taking a deep breath I approach him. Noticing me Zemo smiles.

"Hello, my dove. I've been waiting for you."

A/N: I hope you don't mind the longer periods between chapters :) life is a bit busy rn and I start university soon. Love you. <3