7.6. Encountering Walker

Zemo groans hearing Sam's voice from outside the room. I chuckle quietly and get up grabbing my shirt from the floor and quickly put it on. He does the same and I hand him his coat.

"I'll make sure we aren't interrupted next time." Zemo whispers as he passes me on his way to the door. I'm about to follow him but while using a mirror to fix my hair I see a hickey on the side of my neck. Zemo notices me looking at it and smirks. "Sorry about that"

"You know what I don't care, let them see it." Zemo chuckles and holds my hand as we exit the room and almost bump into Sam who eyes us suspiciously. "We were just talking." Sam raises his arms in surrender.

"I don't want to know, honestly." That's when Bucky approaches us and notices the whole thing. His eyes linger on my neck a while longer and he scoffs.

"We have a job to do and you can't keep your hands off of each other." I point my finger at him and Sam.

"You two have a job to do, I am here on my own accord as a friend and Zemo technically shouldn't be here." Zemo grins and Sam sighs. Even though Bucky had said he accepts it I knew he wasn't 100% comfortable with seeing Zemo and I. Not that it mattered anymore I was done hiding now that everyone knew anyways.

"Let's just go." Sam suggests and we all agree and head out to find the memorial. As we walk through the streets of Riga to meet the girl Zemo talked to earlier we encounter John Walker. With a sigh I try my best to not get agitated beforehand but I can't help it. Seeing him so smug with that shield makes me want to throw it at his face.

"Karli Morgenthau is too dangerous for you guys to be doing this." Walker shouts as him and his buddy approach us. I didn't need the complications of John Walker interfering and wanting to "help". We had enough on our plate and well personally I didn't want someone else to watch out for and to keep Zemo safe from. I knew Walker would want to take him back to jail immediately.

"How'd you find us?" Sam asks and Walker rolls his eyes.

"Three Avengers can't exactly walk around without anyone noticing. You could start by telling us why you broke him out of prison." He asks pointing at Zemo. I roll my eyes with a chuckle. Walker looks at me super annoyed.

"Technically he did it on his own." Walker looks extremely angry and demands an explanation but Bucky stops him before he does anything.

"I know where Kari is, it's a memorial." Zemo speaks up and gets Walker's attention. He scoffs and his partner explains that there is a high risk of casualties. Walker suggests us to take her by surprise but Sam interjects saying he wants to talk to her on his own. Walker isn't happy with that idea of course.

"She's mourning, she's vulnerable. If there's any time to reason with her, it's now." Sam explains to Walker and his friend seems to be in agreement but Walker walks in front of us and stops us again. Zemo stands next to me, his arm going around my waist. I smile softly and squeeze his hand.

"What? No. Wait, no! No! Stop. Hold on. Stop, okay? I think we're way past reasoning with her, unless you forgot the fact that she blew up a building with people still in it." To be honest I wasn't sure we could reason with her either but there wasn't any reason to go in shooting, if there was a chance this could end with less violence I'd be glad to take it. Walker starts yelling about how could Bucky let his "partner" just walk into that, Bucky replies he isn't his partner and Sam starts explaining how he used to counsel soldiers. The conversation to be honest wasn't getting us anywhere.

"John. If he can talk her down, it might be worth a try." Walker's friend Lemar tries to convince him and he scoffs.

"You know I thought you'd talk them out of all of this, with you working for the FBI and all of that." Walker addressed me and I let out a chuckle. Was he serious right now.

"Well you thought wrong, poser." Bucky snorts at my words and Walker rolls his eyes. "Now get out of our way." I try to walk past Walker but he stops me by grabbing my arm, holding it tight and suddenly Zemo's next to me pointing a gun at him.

"Get your hands off her now." Everyone's attention is on us now. Bucky seems ready to murder Walker when I take a look at his face. Walker lets me go and stares at Zemo who pulls me to his side whispering in my ear. "Are you okay, love?" I nod, feeling more annoyed at Walker than anything else. Who did he think he was?

"I see what's going on here. Is that why you broke him out? To spend time with your terrorist boyfriend?" Completely over Walker's judgement and constant commentary I don't even look at him as I reply.

"I don't have to explain myself to you, let's go." I ignore everyone's stares and head further up the street, noticing the little girl waiting for us. Everyone follows me but I hear Zemo warn Walker not to come near me again. He knows I can take care of myself anyways but the way he said that gave me goosebumps. I wait for him as he approaches the girl.

"Hello, my friend. This is for your family." He hands her some cash and the little girl nods as he asks her if she could show us the way. We follow her to the building where the memorial is taking place and Walker once again wants to stop Sam from going in and tells him he has 10 minutes. After that Walker pushes Zemo to the wall and he groans.

"Leave him alone." Bucky stops me from approaching Walker. "Can I hit him?"

"Not now." Bucky holds my shoulders and I huff angrily as Walker handcuffs Zemo.

"Aggressive. But I get it." I chuckle at Zemo's response and push Walker a little away from him using my powers, trying not to be too harsh but harsh enough. Not that I didn't want to hit him but I didn't want to cause a conflict right now. He is about to say something to me but notices Zemo and Bucky's glares at him and just scoffs at me angrily. I head over to stand next to Zemo as we wait for Sam. Walker grows impatient soon enough and says he's going in.

"He knows what he's doing." Bucky replies and stands in front of the entrance, blocking Walker's way.

"This is all really easy for you, isn't it? All that serum runnin' through your veins. Do you really want Sam's blood on your hands?" Soon Bucky reluctantly follows Walker and Lemar inside. Meanwhile I grab the keys to Zemo's handcuffs which had fallen out of Walker's pocket when I knocked him back. I release Zemo and ask him what he's planning on doing.

"Let's find Karli. Knowing them she's probably already fled." I nod and follow him as we head upstairs...

A/N: This chapter was supposed to include events up until a further point in episode 4 but I split it into two since I was kind of busy and will be gone next week. I hope you all enjoy and sorry for the wait ❤️