four

(A/N: 1.5 month time jump)

• Ayla Blacks POV •

The day before holiday break, most students love it, but I'm sorta iffy about, teachers either do absolutely nothing, or cram everything into one day.

Anyways, I'm on my way to potions, almost late I'll add, but Snapes liked me more lately, I think he feels we had somewhat common childhoods, which we sort of did according to Lupin, I'm just not bitter.

I think he expected me to be a little late today, the full moon was last night, so I tried to check in on Lupin before classes.

Which I did, but accidentally stayed too long, he's felt surprisingly good lately after transitions, he's even teaching today.

I walked in, taking my seat, I sit next to this third year on Mondays, Wednesdays and Friday's, who got placed in an advanced class, he's actually fairly nice.

I think he knows he's sitting next to me at least once a week all year, so he's more then willing to keep the peace.

Like I said, he's a first year Hufflepuff, his names Cedric um Diggory I believe, we don't talk a ton, basically only when needed or when he's confused on something. He seems not to care that I happen to carry the Black name, which is oddly comforting.

First period went by quickly, he just gave us worksheets, but complex worksheets, so easy day, but hard concept, exactly whats expected from Snape.

I actually somehow have a free period, so I made my way to the library, pulling out the book Lupin recommended.

Here's my thing, I get far too emotionally invested into books, and Lupin knows that obviously, so why he chose to give me a book that did this.

"Aidin knew from day one, that it was her when he met her, the way her hair flowed elegantly off her shoulders, the way the sun kissed her cheeks, leaving a subtle hint of cherry, the way her nose slightly scrunched when she laughed. For Aidin, since day one, it was always Catherine, and always will be Catherine. The memories of her at the lake every weekend of every summer, the 16 1/2 years they spent with each other, best friends, the boy next door/ girl next door duo, unstoppable. Aidin only could think of her, and remember her, and every good memory, not finding a single flaw in Catherine Lypse, how he loved her and never told her. The only thing making him realize he never would, pulling him out of his trance, the flatline on the monitor stretched to him. The love of his life was too late, and he never got to hear the words he wanted to most, even though she wanted to say them every damn day. 'I love you too'"

That was enough for me to slam the book shut, which earned me a scowl from Pince, followed by walking out of the room.

Was Lupin teaching a class right now? Yes. Did I care? Nope.

I made it through the castle, and towards his room, which the door was open, like always, and he was sitting down at his desk, everyone working silently. Perfect.

I walked in, honestly not even caring what would happen, I know he has to be professional, but I'll take the fall, I don't care.

"Hey kiddo, you okay?" He asked in a whisper when I got up to his desk, I just slid the book across his desk to him.

"Did you even finish it?" He asked with a laugh.

"Nope" I said

"It gets so much better once you get over yourself though" He said

"I'll stay egotistical, I don't care, if you kill off the best character, and like that, you didn't earn my respect enough for me to finish your book" I said, he just let out a laugh.