eight

~few days time skip (I'm also aware that the order of the DADA teachers doesn't follow the order of the books or the movies, it just works easier for my story so I don't have to kill Cedric or fire Lupin :))~

• Ayla Blacks POV •

I'll be the first to say it, I'm worried about Lupin, but I also have no clue what's going on.

He disappeared this weekend, something about being in trouble with the ministry, just something arose. I swear to Godric Gryffindor if this man somehow got himself into Azkaban as well.

So Dumbledore had to find a teacher for the subject since it's believed to be a long term absence, which ended up in the ministry sending someone in.

I had DADA last today, so I guess I didn't have to worry too much. I guess it's just like previous years now.

McGonagall told me I have nothing to worry about though. The question is, do I believe that or not. She's probably told to say that.

The day slowly shuffled through, hearing all the conversation about the new DADA teacher, and how apparently she's a complete right arse. Great.

I walked into DADA, and took my usual seat in the back, honestly kind of appalled by the woman at the front of the room with scary good posture, in all pink. Phony.

Something just seems off about her, no ones that happy.

"Okay students, take your seats" She said, thats throwing me off, we're all already seated, okay ma'am continue I guess?

"I am your new professor, Delores Umbridge, I will be filling in for Professor Lupin while he figures some things out." She said

'Figures some things out', not sketchy at all. There's no way Dumbledore approved of this woman.

"So as the ministry understands..." She started, that's all I need to hear, she's with the ministry.

"You haven't been taught DADA to the right expectations set" She said as she passed out books.

Everyone seemed to have the same reaction I did. There was nothing at all in these books about actually defending us from the dark arts.

Isn't that the point of this class?

"Professor there's nothing about defense spells in this book" Someone said

"Ha, why would you guys need to use spells in my classroom" She said

Yeah this lady's sketching me out, someone else raised their hand

"Yes, you" She said

"Where's Professor Lupin" The student asked

"Not here, at the ministry, now, let's get started here, any more questions related to the course." She said, then pointed to someone raising their hand.

"If we don't practice any of the spells, how are we ever gonna protect ourselves against someone practicing dark magic" They asked

"I don't know what you all have been lead on to think, but there is nothing out there that can possibly hurt you. He who shall not be named is dead, and his accomplices are in Azkaban." She said before pointing to another student who raised their hand.

"What about Sirius Black. I assume you've heard all the rumors about him" They said

"Yes, I've heard all the rumors about Sirius Black. I can assure each and every one of you that Sirius Black will never harm anyone again. That goes for Bellatrix Lestrange as well, but I know most peoples focus is Black, and I can assure you he is never being let out of Azkaban, he not only committed treason, but is a cold blooded killer. I can promise that he will never get out of Azkaban, not without getting killed by the dementors first. Let Sirius Black be a prime example to all of you of what not to become. A wizard willing to sell out his own friends, give up their lives to benefit his own in the eyes of the dark lord, ends up in Azkaban for eternity. Sirius Black-" She started, I couldn't sit here and keep listening to what she was saying.