seven

Seoyoon picked herself up and ran to the bathroom, slamming aside the door and turning on the ice-cold water as she stuck her finger under the pure, glacial aqua.

Steam instantly arose from the mark and the girl hissed.

She switched off the tap, bringing her finger close to her face as she examined the painful tattoo. "What.. what is this?" She muttered, not understanding anything.

"And Jungwon?" The girl added, reminiscing how his name fell out of her lips as if it were on command. She leaned against the wall, groaning.

"I don't even know anymore."

Another ding came from her phone, followed by multiple notifications. The girl shakily took out her device and saw her messages bombarded with recent texts from the boy she was just thinking of.

mr demiboy:

meet up at the school's front gates

now

like right now

this actual second

seosauce:

wwgats happenieng mgyu finger stings so bad whats goinf on

The girl managed to type, the constant pain throwing her sense of coordination off.

mr demiboy

did you do anything to do with misa these past 20 minutes?

lord

just get to the front gates

im waiting

Seoyoon exhaled, leaving the boy on read and shoving her phone back into her pocket. Before she bust out the bathroom, she ripped out multiple centimeters of toilet paper and wrapped it around her burning finger to at least secure the aching, just for a little bit.

She twist out the doorknob and stumbled out into the hall, grabbing the coat off the hanger and hastily slipping on shoes as she tried not to think about the extreme hell her one limb was going through at the moment.

The girl speed-walked out the residence, keeping her head low. It was around 7PM and it was getting dark, better to be safe.

+

Jungwon stood annoyed at the entrance of Muyin Highschool, impatiently tapping his feet and huffing out a breath.

"What is taking so long?" He questioned, eyebrows furrowing. He played with his ear piercing, slipping his pinkie through the hoop.

The boy frowned. "Does she really not know how important this is?"

"..."

"Fuck humans." He groaned.

He put his hands in his pockets and just about turned to leave when he heard the soft patter of footsteps hurriedly making their way towards him.

"Mister! Demiboy!" Seoyoon exclaimed, panting. Jungwon judgingly looked down at her small frame bundled up in a coat too thick for the current cool weather, unamused.

"You're late."

Before the boy could lecture her anymore, she thrust her finger right into his face. "My! Freaking! Finger! Do you see this shit?!" She yelled, war memories of how bad it first hurt.

Jungwon cringed and backed away. "First off, I can't see anything because your hand's wrapped in 40 different layers of toilet paper, second of all, you aren't special." The boy deadpanned, lifting up his own finger to show Seoyoon his scar too.

The girl gasped. She quickly unraveled the towel and brought her first digit up next to the boys'. "They... match." She said.

"Wow, great job, captain obvious." The half-demon rolled his eyes. "Now what was your business with Misa? What did you-"

"Look! I didn't do shit." Seoyoon defended herself.

"I walked into my room, and she was sitting there all creepy-like and stroking my budgie like how those evil villains stroke their cats while spinning on their spinny chair and saying 'I've been expecting y-"

"Get to the point."

"Gee, okay." The girl scoffed. "All I did was try to touch her."

"Are you out of your freaking mind?" Jungwon chilled, exhaling. "Why would you think it was a good idea to get even NEAR someone whose been possessed?"

"..."

"Damn, you're right. I'm kinda stupid." Seoyoon scratched her head.

The boy swallowed his temper. "I'm now your protector." He broke, gritting his teeth.

The girl swerved her head to look up at him. "My what?"

"Your STUPID soul-protector. It's now my STUPID duty to protect you from STUPID demons now that you know my STUPID secret and touched STUPID Misa and STUPID soul-bound us."

The girl blinked. "I need protecting..?"

Jungwon just about slammed his head into the wall. He grabbed ahold of Seoyoon's hand and intertwined her tatted finger with his, holding it tightly.

The stars began to glow a dim red, the henna-looking colour fading away. As if it were sudden, the tiniest remnants of pain Seoyoon felt were gone. Vanished.

The girl's jaw dropped, pulling away to examine herself. "It doesn't.. hurt anymore?" She marveled.

"Yes, that's because I'm your dumb little protector and have the newfound power to get rid of pain for you that's in my capabilities." He grumbled.

Seoyoon's eyes widened. "Can you take away the academic bruising of getting a 49% on a math te-"

"No."

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

The boy shifted from foot to foot. "If you're ever approached by a demon or a supernatural creature, blow on the star on your finger and say my name." He instructed, embarrassed/annoyed. More annoyed, though.

"Whoa! So I can summon you whenever I want!"

"No! Only in danger, stupid. Call me over for something completely dumb and I'll personally get you a one-way ticket to hell." He threatened.

The girl raised her hands in surrender. "Gosh, I got it."

"..."

"..."

"I really do hate you humans."

"LOOK! Did I ASK to get shoved off a freaking building by your demon relatives?!"