thirteen

Jungwon stood in front of Myoll Café's entrance, peering through the glass door to see if he could try to get a glimpse of Seoyoon anywhere.

He sighed, his cold breath creating a fog in the air. "Do I walk in, or..." he trailed off awkwardly.

"Fuck it." The boy concluded before shoving aside the door and commencing a ring from the bell.

"Welcome to Myoll Café!" A pretty woman from beside him greeted.

"Uh yeah, okay. Do you know where this girl named Seoyoon is?" He asked, scratching his head and looking around.

"Oh! She's been expecting you. Jungwon, right? Follow me."

The girl started weaving through the tables, Jungwon right on her trail before she reached a curtain. She pulled it aside and entered.

"What the heck.." Jungwon murmured, continuing to follow her until he was met sight with Seoyoon in an apron, flour on her face and hands staring at a ball of dough.

They were in the cafe's kitchen, for some reason.

Seoyoon looked up, smiling. "Jungwon!" She then turned to the girl, thanking her as she dipped her head and walked away.

"Put on an apron." The girl said, motioning towards the rack with crisp-white aprons hanging.

Jungwon was still, completely and utterly confused but didn't question it. He took an apron off the rack, shrugging it on with a frown and tying the back. "You brought me out here, to cook?" He asked.

"To bake. You seem like you'd be good at it, plus it's really fun. Have you ever baked before?" She asked.

The boy slowly shook his head.

"Wow. I guess I'll just have to teach you a couple things." Seoyoon stated, putting the ball of dough down. "How do cookies sound?"

"I hate cookies." He grumbled.

The girl gave him a look.

"Okay, fine! Cookies it is." The boy sulked, shuffling over to the counter all while looking absolutely adorable in his little ruffle apron with a pink heart at the breast.

"You look like a princess!" Seoyoon exclaimed, giggling at his frown.

"Please do not say that. I might just have to kill you."

"Gee, mister demiboy. Who pissed in your cereal this morning?"

Jungwon made a face.

Seoyoon handed him a big chunk of sticky dough, placing it right in the boy's outstretched hands. He came down a little, letting out a small 'oof'.

"God, this shit is heavy." He grumbled, trying to unstick the clay from his hands and failing each time.

The girl looked over at the struggling boy, rolling her eyes.

"Flour."

"What?"

"You need flour." She said, taking a measuring cup and scooping it into a brown bag. Out came a thick powdery substance, which she shook over Jungwon's big sticky mess.

"Now knead that in." She instructed, watching the boy rub the flour all over the dough and freeing his hands at last.

A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips, revealing a little bit of his sharper canines.

Cute.

Seoyoon nodded in approval at his work. "Now shape it into whatever you want." She said, going back to her own lump of dough.