fifteen

"Wait, what?" Jungwon looked up at the girl who was breathing heavily now.

"You heard me."

"Alright, let's just, take a moment-"

"NO!"

The demi stopped talking, accepting his role in the conversation. "What would you like to do, Seoyoon?" He asked solemnly.

"We- we need to go, back. That was Misa's MOTHER! My second mom! She's, she's treated me like her own a-and she-"

Jungwon scoffed. "Okay, you're crazy."

"Jungwon, FUCK YOU!" Seoyoon yelled. "Your fucking life sucks. Too bad. You've never had anyone like Misa to you. Too fucking bad! But you're the entire goddamn reason this is happening to me so don't you DARE call me crazy. You don't have the rights to call me anything."

"You think I wanted this to fucking happen?! You act like I plotted this all to happen to you. If anything, I wish so bad it hadn't so I wouldn't have had to meet you." The boy shot back.

Seoyoon shut her mouth. Her gaze was extremely intense, a bang from her hairline was poking her eye and it didn't seem to phase her one bit. Her breathing hadn't slowed and she had this gleaming, hot expression.

"..."

"Don't make this difficult, alright?" The boy sighed. "You saw what happened. You know what'll happen if we go back. You might get killed. I'm just trying to look out for you." He mumbled.

"C-can't you just, do some type of ritual? Anything to make Misa's mom normal again?" Seoyoon asked, in a small voice. "Maybe if she's in the right state of mind, she could h-help us? Give us just any type of clue?"

The girl was now shaking. Being drenched in sweat, a cooling mechanism, in the cold bitter air, did not help conserve any body heat.

The demi took notice and moved closer. "Here, let me just light up my finger and-"

"No." The girl deadpanned, immediately going away from his hands.

And even if Jungwon didn't have a heart, he felt something squeeze at it.

"Tell me something we can do to save them, Jungwon."

The girl got on her knees in front of the already-sat boy and clasped her hands in front of him. "I know, you wish you'd never met me. I know you think we can never get along. Just, please do something. Anything so my life can go back to how it was. I promise I won't even look at you after. Or talk to you. I swear on my life," she whispered the last part, "I'm willing to do anything."

"..."

Now, it was Jungwon's turn for his breathing to get heavy.

He looked at her, straight in the eyes. He'd never seen her from this close, or really gave it much thought.

She wasn't fully Korean. No, she had to be mixed. She had the touches here and there. Her eyes were big and dark brown, which definitely looked amber in the sunlight. Not an inch of ill intentions seemed to shine through. 

Although he'd seen her cry far too many times, he never paid attention to how the tears gathered at her pink waterline before releasing, which she usually covered in black with eyeliner. Her lashes were long. No, medium. They were at a medium length; clumped, wispy and made her eyes look even more doe than usual when they were wet or in mascara, and small, dark brown frames around her almonds without. 

Her skin was a cool, pale and sickly colour. Maybe because of the dry environment. Were her cheeks usually pink? He'd have to pay more attention next time. He especially liked her nose. She had a long bridge, which led down to an adorable, soft but defined supratip break. Her highlighter placement on the very tip intrigued him. And her teeth, goodness. Her canines were sharp, and it was undeniably attractive. Her lips, he found it quite fascinating how he had the most to marvel about at her lips. Her philtrum dipped into her cupid's bow, and her bottom lip jut out. In comparison, both lips were the same size; plump, lush, seemingly soft, moisturized, and slightly discoloured from the other, but nonetheless, cute.