eleven

Lijin was slammed against a locker during the late hours into the night.

"Why didn't your fuck-ass come to save Seoyoon?!" Jungwon yelled, repeatedly punching the demon in useless attempts due to his opponent's unfair quick movements and dodges to which he executed so effortlessly, he yawned once or twice.

The demon rolled his eyes, flicking his finger and sending Jungwon backwards with immense force and watched as he groaned, sliding down the wall. The boy chanted a quick spell and his bruises began to fade away, his pale skin evening out.

Fixing his collar, the demon spat right night to where Jungwon was writhing. "You humans are so stupid, seriously! Did you really think you could fool me? Did you really think I couldn't see right through your poor, dumbly-formulated plan?" He scoffed.

Rolling up his sleeves, he buttoned up his wrist cuffs.

"Honestly, what fucking idiot would think that a suicide would alarm me? I don't have a heart, dumb-fuck. In fact, suicides make me happy! Another one of my demon friends can pass through the portal."

Jungwon grunted, pushing back his sweaty hair. His hooded cat-eyes locked in place with the tall, built, and insanely-attractive boy in front of him. If only everybody knew how ugly his real form was.

The half-demon spit out blood, running his tongue along his canines and tasting the metallic grunge. He slowly got to his feet and stared at Lijin long and hard.

"So, you gonna do anything?"

He was instantly met with harsh force, hands wrapped around his neck and squeezing with everything the enraged entity had in him.

Oh, and he had a lot.

Lijin's eyes widened, face turning purple.

"Get- the fuck- off me!" The demon yelled, hands flailing around to somehow pry Jungwon off of him.

"You sadistic, piece of fucking SHIT!" Jungwon roared, echoing the dark hallways of Muyin Highschool.

With a snap of his fingers, Hwang Lijin disappeared, ultimately using his damned demon abilities to flee the scene. Very uncommon of the arrogant, twisted male to do but this wasn't a situation to dwell on.

Jungwon let out a yell in frustration once he felt that he was no longer gripping onto anything and punched a blue locker in front of him, leaving a dent.

Dang. That belonged to Lee Minho, school grump. He wasn't going to like that.

The demi was so utterly frustrated at this situation. Why did it even matter that much to him? A human nearly died, so what. Happens all the time. He saved her just in time and she's alive and breathing so why the hell is he burdened with all this guilt?

Jungwon closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. He conjures a small wisp of smoke from his fingers and blows it into a couple shapes, like a ring. Something a smoker would do.

It calms him down, but not enough to distract him from the image of Seoyoon's fear-stricken eyes and the tears seeping out the corners.

+

Seoyoon slowly opens an eye, met with the blurring sight of her room. She sighs, shivering a bit before sitting up fully and swinging her bare legs over the side of the bed. She withstands the cold for a second, then stands up to find a pair of sweatpants to cover them with.

It's the typical routine. Brushing her teeth, washing her face, using the bathroom, letting her hair down and brushing through it with a comb, slipping into her school uniform, the concealer for her red eyebags came on, her 2-coats of mascara were applied along with a light dusting of blush and tinted chapstick coated along her lips.