fourteen

"Hey, wait up." Seoyoon said, running to catch up with Jungwon who walked with a lowered gaze.

The boy rolled his eyes. "Yes?"

"I thought we were buddies now?" The girl questioned, looking at him curiously. Jungwon sighed, falling in step with her.

"Yeah, whatever."

"You know, you remind me a lot of Logan Lerman. The guy who played Percy Jackson? I've always thought that." She revealed.

"I hope you know Percy Jackson is 100% fake. There's no such thing as a demigod. No human would be able to survive carrying a god's baby, nor is the human male competent enough to impregnate a demigoddess. And don't try to ask me the logic behind why demiboys like me are possible." He added on the last bit after the seeing the girl turn to him in the rush to form a question.

Seoyoon grunted. "Thanks for making everything all technical."

Jungwon huffed. "Now that we're past the just-met stage, let's talk business. I've been formulating plans to get that fucker Lijin all week but nothing seems to work. I just don't get how he's connected to Bao and how I'm supposed to send him back to hell."

"AND unpossess Misa." Seoyoon sternly reminded.

"And unpossess your friend." He grumbled.

"Say, what are your courses? You never told me." The girl asked.

"Well, I have English first, Math, Law, and History this semester."

"Oh! Thank goodness we have the same common break."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." The boy dismissed.

"History is boring as shit. My dad used to explain to me in detail what REALLY happened since he was there to witness everything and cause suffering on the bad-doers. You humans manage to to twist everything to fit your perfect narrative."

"Jungwon!" Seoyoon whined. "Have we ever had a normal conversation before where you don't prove everything I know in my life is a lie?"

"Hey, my bad." He raised his hands in defense. "Just salty about how I failed History last year when Mrs. Ri doesn't know shit about what actually happened."

"I guess that would suck." Seoyoon sighed.

"Did you know Abraham Lincoln-"

"NOPE! I don't!" The girl announced, marching ahead of him in a speed-walk.

The boy rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

Seoyoon turned back to look at him. "Can we walk? And we can discuss game plan?"

"Oh I'll discuss game plan, alright."

Jungwon jogged a little to catch up to the girl, fixing his front bangs with a finger.

"Okay, try to talk without letting your anger issues get in the way."

The boy looked at her with a dangerous expression. "Anger issues are a social construct. I have no such thing."

The girl put her hands up in surrender.

Jungwon kicked a rock out of his way, one hand holding onto the strap of his bag. "Have you seen Misa lately?"

The girl grabbed onto his arm. "No. I haven't. Now that you bring it up, I don't have a single clue as to what she's up to or where she's staying. What if like, she's gaining energy and charging or something and then we have this big battle against her and Lijin-"

"Yeah, yeah, shut up." The boy said in annoyance. "So... you don't have an idea. At all."

"I think we should stop by her house later today after school."