nine

Seoyoon and Jungwon walked alongst each other, the boy barely looking at the female as his cheeks burnt a flaming red, scowling.

The girl looked over to him. "You know you can face me, right?"

Silence.

Seoyoon smirked. "Aw, I didn't know Mr. Big Bad Scary Demiboy gets embarrassed." She teased in an annoyingly high baby voice.

"Seoyoon." Jungwon deadpanned.

"Hm?"

"I should've dropkicked you off that fucking building myself."

The girl withdrew aghast. "Language! You're so brutal." She frowned, whacking his shoulder. "You know how much your little star imprint hurt?"

"For fuck's sake, I didn't MEAN for that to happen." The boy grumbled.

"Anyway, we're thirty minutes late to class. Again, it all being your fault because you fell asleep on my sh-"

"Do humans ever shut the hell up?!" The boy asked, glaring at her. "Again! I never ASKED for you to help me."

"You're hypocritical, really." The girl rolled her eyes, blowing hair out of her face. "Just let me walk you back to class. We'll sneak in undetected."

"Technically, I can do anything undetected. I'm a demon."

"Half de-"

"So it's you who needs protecting, or whatever. All my senses are enhanced 3X."

Seoyoon grunted. "Whatev-"

The girl yet again getting cut off was going to say 'whatever', if Jungwon hadn't just scooped her into his other side and completely shoved her off the aspect of right.

A bolt of light pierced through the air at lightspeed completely boggling the girl as her eyes widened. "Was that a laser?" She whispered, looking up at the demi who held her protectively, eyes slanted in the direction of the source.

"Hwang Lijin. Show yourself, fucking wimp." The boy spat out, words laced in venom that even scared Seoyoon herself.

Out of the shadows came a faint rustling as Lijin walked out, hands raised and a growing cheshire smirk forming on his attractive features. "Miss me?" He cocked.

Jungwon separated himself from the confused girl and marched over to the Fukai, fast and intimidating steps contradicting the creature's cockiness.

He grabbed ahold of his collar and looked at him bloodshot. "Where did you hide?! Where is Bao? What did you do to him?!" He bombarded.

Lijin looked at him, unamused as he shook the demiboy off. "Such big accusations for a half-human."

"Don't classify me as those scums."

"Half-human." The fukai said matter-of-factly. "Still got the little sweet thing harboring under your company?" He said, taking a peek at the girl who stood still; watching everything go down.

Jungwon moved in front of Seoyoon to hide the fukais view of her.

He met his intense glare instead. Lijin stared down at Jungwon's finger.

"Ah? Soul bound?" He asked, looking up impressed. "That can be troubling."

"Get to the point, douche."

"I'm planning something and I'm going to strike you where it hurts. I'll be back soon Yang, and you won't even know what happened once everything you've ever treasured is taken from you." He sneered before blowing a kiss in Seoyoon's direction and vanishing.

The girl looked up at the demiboy who currently saw red. "UH, SHOULD WE BE SCARED?" She called over.

Jungwon shot a look at her. "No."

"I need to kill Lijin." He breathed out, furious.

"Hey! Didn't your mama tell you it's RUDE to kill?" The girl sassed, walking over to the boy and nudging her hip into him.

"You won't be killing. Not on my watch." She finalized.

"Who are YOU to tell me what to do?"

"Your soulbound bud, duh." She rolled her eyes.

"This is serious. We need to get rid of him somehow or just get him off our asses." He said, scratching his head.

"Agh, I hate this."

"Stop worrying so much, I'll be fine."

Jungwon looked at her straight in the eyes. "That laser could've sliced your head right off without any difficulty or much less bloodshed."

"...."

"Okay, that IS a tiny bit concerning but it's nothing you can't deal with, right? I.. think?"

Jungwon stared at her long and hard. "Get to class."

Seoyoon squeaked. "Eek! I'm going, I'm going!" Before running off.

Jungwon inhaled, rubbing his eyes. "Lijin giving me another headache after that last godawful one."

In a flash, he leapt up to the nearest lowest rooftop he find and held onto a railing, climbing up. He watched over the school and eyed Seoyoon hurriedly trying to make it to class on time.

Rolling his eyes, he breathed out and began forming a plan.