crushed

"Now. Kneel." Akane said sharply at the trembling man in front of him.

The boy harshly pulled a chain, wrapped around on Nene's neck. "Or do you want your precious daughter to suffer?"
Nene stayed still, staring into space.

"Don't you dare! Let my daughter go, please! I-i'll give you anything you want just please let her go!" Akane hummed, not interested in the man's pleas.

Akane look at Nene blankly.
"I want something precious from you."

Nene's father nodded.

"So, I want your daughter." Akane snickered at Nene's father's look of terror. He pleaded again and again. Begging for her daughter to exchange place with him and spare her.

Akane yawned and beckoned the guards to take the man away which the guards immediately nodded and oblige.

When the man's pleas was fading away and he could only hear silence, he turned to Nene by his side and smirk.

"My, my. Are you really that precious to that man? I wonder.." Akane harshly grip Nene's bruised chin and made her look at him with dull eyes.

"Whatever. Your just a pathetic lowly-ranked daughter of a Duke. I'll have your father executed in no time." Akane said, staring at her eyes again.

"..o.." Akane raised a brow at her poorly hoarse voice.
"No... don't kill.. ather.." She finally finished her sentence which was barely audible.

"I have no choice girl." Akane harshly pulled the chain again, making her face get close to his a few inches.
"Your father owe me money. So he has to pay for his life."

Nene's pale lips began to move slowly.
"I.. I'll...be yo-urs.. l..let fath..er g..go.."

Akane chuckled and smirked.
"Okay."

.

"Akane-kun!"  Nene chirped happily as the tea trolley shook a bit on her hands. She walked into Akane's work office with a fake smile.

"Ah, Nene. Why did you bring tea for me? Did the maids guilt tripped you on doing all the work again?" He angrily questioned.

Nene shook her head and placed the tea trolley on Akane's desk and hug her.
"Nope! I felt useless nowadays and I wanted to do something for you!" Nene giggled while Akane sighed.

"You're never useless. You're just so.. Fragile. I don't want you to work, even if it's the slightest." Akane tuck a strand of Nene's hair that was in the way of her beautiful face and kiss her forehead.

Nene giggled and bop his nose. "Awe you're so sweet Akane-kun. I swear I won't do that again!"

After you drink that tea, it'll be the end for you.

.

Nene's face turned pale as she felt Akane's heart still beating.

Did she pick the wrong potion?

She did. Nene picked the sleeping potion.

But there's no time to waste. She grab her belongings which she prepared a few hours ago.

The girl really wanted to stab him right now but... His magic is too strong when someone attacks him and might ended up killing them.

Nene wasted no time and got out of the Palace.

She snuck through the distracted guards and went out of the gate.

She was finally free.