Chapter 15

The Lies Between Us

15 – Get Worse

Every girl has their own memory with every boy that made them feel all sorts of things. There's a memory of the tragic heartache and then there's another one that's almost like a fairy tale.

But neither of those two fit in Lisie's unforgettable memory of Tait Kingston.

It was 4am that Thursday morning when Lisie decided to visit Ross in her rock star tour bus. She figured it's been four days since that heady afternoon when she and her costar almost did the dirty. She had texted Soo about her visiting, so she's confident to see her best friends inside when a half naked couple welcomed her upon entering the bus.

She had her hand on her chest shocked to discover Ross and Jacey were back together again in their natural habitat.

"We seriously have to stop meeting like this!" Lisie rolled her eyes just when Ross kicked Jacey out of the bed.

"I am so sorry, Lis. I didn't know you were visiting." Ross apologized. Lisie sighed in relief when she saw her best friend in a cami and shorts. She didn't know what she'll do if she catch Ross actually naked.

"Hey Lis," Jace grunted after recovering from his fall. In fairness to him, he smiled genuinely at her this time.

"Hiya jerk." Lisie greeted him back.

"I'll leave you guys alone." He huffed pulling his shirt from the floor. Both of the girls eyes followed him out the room.

"Ok before you say anything-" Ross got cut off even before she could continue.

"Tait and I almost had sex."

"What!?"

"Both on and offcam."

"Woah-"

Ross didn't know what to say when she saw Lis' eyes glistened with unshed tears.

"I'm so stupid, I acted like a slut." Lis wailed attacking Ross with a tight hug.

"Okay, tell me everything." Ross sighed patting her best friend's back. Lisie started telling Ross everything that happened that day; from the moment she had a sleepless night to that passionate time in his trailer.

"And then the next days after that were weird." Lisie continued.

....

The next day after that was indeed odd.

She and Tait just finished their scenes that involves horseback riding and chasing. She felt awkward alright but she understands that it's part of their job.

She didn't want to be lectured by him saying she's being unprofessional again. Although, Lisie thinks that kind of thing won't ever happen again any time soon. At least she learned her lesson about getting drunk on set is never a good idea especially if she's too attracted to her costar.

"Great work today people!" The assistant director called.

"Thanks," she thanked the staff who helped her get down from her stallion. Her head automatically turned to Tait when her foot set the ground. She saw him meet her eyes, smiled then walked away.

She was thinking of calling him to to ask about acting advice when he just took off.

He was walking with his bodyguard, laughing at something.

After that day, Lisie had a day off and she thought it was a good idea to visit Tait on set. So she went there to support him like any other costars would.