Chapter 26

The Lies Between Us

26 - Spotlight

"Man, I never thought it would turn out like this but if I did, I should've held a live stream." Jimmy huffed looking at his two roommates seated at least three feet apart from each other with ice packs on their faces.

A while after the infamous fight, the seven of them went straight to Tait's penthouse. Saint and Jacey didn't need to but they invited themselves along.

"Oh don't worry about that, TMZ has covered the whole fiasco. All you need to do is connect to the internet." Jacey snickered.

"This isn't funny guys." Nash rebutted sternly. His black phone was turned off because dozens of media outlets were thirsty for headlines.

"What were you two thinking acting like kids in a club?" Nash continued.

"I say, we blame it on the alcohol if we're not going to blame Kingston. But come to think of it this wouldn't even happen if jigglypuff here hadn't send the invites." Saint blabbered talking about Jim.

"Jigglypuff? Jim repeated.

"Yup, he's talking about you." Jacey confirmed not scared to offend Jim.

Before another argument escalates, Nash interrupted. "You two better go home because you ain't helpin."

"Shutting up now." Jacey cleared his throat in submission.

Nash found the situation so difficult that he threw his other purple phone on Tait's lap to do his job for him. It wasn't very professional but he wasn't trying to since he's acting like a big brother now than a manager.

He saw Tait's face frown clueless. "Call Lis."

"Eh?"

Nash tilted his head then faced Hayes. "Do you want to call-"

"Forget it, I'll call her myself." Tait placed his ice pack on the center table and made a call.

After a few rings, Lis finally answered. He bit his lip when he noticed her voice sounded groggy.

"Hey um...so our boyfriend and girlfriend thing..."

"Yeah? What about it?"

Nash gestured his hand like he wants Tait to do this honestly and directly.

"The media will publicized that this week right?"

"I know. You called at this hour just to tell me that?"

"Well..." Tait eyed Hayes and let out a breath. "There's another one coming and before you freak out let me just say that it's not your fault. We didn't fight because it's not about you."

"Fight? What? Did you beat up someone, Tait Kingston?"

"I'm fine. Me and Hayes just had a small misunderstanding."

"Oh my god, tell me you did not throw hands with Hayes."

"I'm sorry. He's sorry too, do you want to talk to him?" Tait gives the phone to Hayes but the latter shoved his hand away not wanting to share the embarrassment.

"Do you know what this could do to the promotion, Tait?" Lisie exclaimed in the phone sounding fully awake now.

"Let's just talk in the morning. I shouldn't have called." Tait scratches the back of his neck feeling guilty.