𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

Once Anastasia was seated along with the rest of the Beauxbatons students, Katerina noticed something was wrong.

"What happened?" She asked, concerned.

"Nothing," Anastasia said with a look of disdain.

After a few seconds, Katerina knew exactly what had happened.

"You saw him, didn't you." 

"Obviously." 

"Forget about it," She said.

"He's nothing to us."

"May I have your attention, please!" Dumbledore said.

"For our friends from the north, please welcome the proud sons of Durmstrang and their high master Igor Karkaroff."

Anastasia turned to watch the Durmstrang boys come in as Katerina stared, practically drooling.

"What a nice view," Katerina said with a grin.

Anastasia giggled at her cousin, then turned back around to see one of her friends walk in.

Viktor Krum. 

"Now, if the Beauxbatons ladies would please join me along with the Durmstrang boys," Dumbledore said, eyeing an older woman who was holding an old-looking hat.

"Durmstrang boys will be sorted, first," He said, waving the first boy up to be sorted.

"We are being sorted?" Katerina said, shocked.

"I guess," Anastasia said, not sounding thrilled.

Their conversation was put to a halt at the sound of a familiar name.

"Victor Krum." The elderly lady said.

Viktor walked up to the hat slowly but confidently.

He sat on the stool, looking a little worried, but he still smiled at Anastasia. Viktor looked even more worried once the hat began to speak.

"Hmm, hard-working, kind, and patient, Hmm yes, very talented as well, I say...Hufflepuff!"

Everyone at the Hufflepuff table stood and applauded their new housemate. Since Viktor was the last of the Durmstrang boys, the Beauxbatons students were now up for sorting. 

After the hat sorted most of the students, the lady called Edmund up.

The hat put him into Slytherin.

Next was Katerina.

The sorting hat also put her into Slytherin.

Anastasia knew this would happen. Obviously, Edmund and Katerina were there because they had some traits, and Merlin was a Slytherin. But Anastasia would be there for many more reasons than that.

She was practically born to be in Slytherin with the blood of Salazar and Merlin in her veins. The chance of being in any other house was zero.

"Anastasia Riddle," The older woman whom she now knew as Professor McGonagall called to her.

Anastasia slowly walked up the stairs to the stool with everyone staring at her.

She was the center of attention.

Before she could even fully be seated, the hat screamed.

"SLYTHERIN!" 

This caused the entire Slytherin table to erupt with joy and clap. They practically erupted with pride.

Anastasia sauntered over to the table and shook hands with her fellow Slytherins.

She smiled as she embraced the hatred from the other houses like a hug.

The Slytherin table was crowded. She luckily found a seat next to a blond boy.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" She asked the boy with a grin.

The boy turned to look at the girl and immediately recognized her from the World Cup.

"Yes, of course," He said arrogantly, eyeing his friends.

His friends smirked, looking at the beautiful girl that wanted to sit with them.

The boy was intrigued by the mystery that surrounded the girl, so he decided to introduce himself. 

"I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy," He said, holding out his hand.

"I'm Anastasia, Anastasia Riddle." She said, shaking his hand.

There was a moment where they just stared at one another, taking in each other.

"You're from France, right?" He said, cooly.

"Yes," Anastasia said with a smile.

"If you want, tomorrow I could show you around?" He said with a grin.

"I would like that very much," She said with a small grin.

"Fantastic," he said with a proud smirk.

"Meet me at four o'clock tomorrow at the quidditch pitch," he said with a grin before getting up from the table.

Anastasia watched as the other boys quickly got up to follow the young Malfoy. They all seemed to be congratulating him as they strode out of the hall.

Although he was quite cocky, Anastasia couldn't help but smile as she watched him leave the hall.

Maybe this year would be better than she thought...