𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱.

~ Anastasia's Point of View~

I ascended the stairs of Malfoy Manor. Theodore walked beside me in an orderly fashion. Father was already in the meeting, along with everyone.

I silently prayed that Father had not already told everyone about the engagement.

I wanted to be the first to tell Draco, and I didn't care about anyone else.

Theodore and I had come to an understanding that this was no more than a business deal. A business deal that would not go through.

Between his love for my old friend Daphne and my love for Draco, this marriage would not happen. At least not on my watch.

I stood before the door; my black cloak was so long that as I stood in front of the door that was just at the top of the stairs, it flowed down to the second to the top step of the stairs.

"Are you ready?" Theo asked as he stepped to stand beside me.

I turned to him.

"Do not ever ask me that again." I spoke in an expressionless tone.

He nodded.

"Oh, how I enjoy these chats of ours." He said holding back his smile as he turned to face me.

Ignoring him, I looked down to the house-elves who looked unsure if they wanted to kill themself or be killed by me.

Instead, they just opened the doors for us.

Behind the dark wood doors sat around a dozen or so Death Eaters. Then at the end of the table was my father.

Two seats sat empty. The other head seat was for me than the seat to the right of it for Theodore. We took our seats just as the house-elves closed the doors to the room. As soon as I was settled, the meeting began. It started with somewhat small talk. My father asked how things were with the ministry and the mudblood camps.

Once he interrogated his men that were leading the ministry, he turned to Snape. He told my father everything that was happening at Hogwarts, along with all the things being taught.

My father seemed pleased when Snape mentioned how the third years had begun to practice the Cruciatus Curse on their pets.

The meeting carried on smoothly for the next hour, and I couldn't bring myself to look over at Draco at all. The thought of how my father announced my engagement to the room before I arrived made me nauseous. I wanted to be the first to tell, and only to a few people. Not to mention, Daphne Greengrass's father was present.

The meeting came to an end after around two hours of staring down at my feet anxiously.

Everyone else left the room before my father, Theodore, and me.

Without the need to look up, I knew Draco was walking to the door.

I could smell his cologne.

In all my shame, I simply continued to stare down at my feet without glancing at him.