𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Anastasia

Anastasia

I fell right to the hard, dirty ground. It was much darker than it had been when Draco and I walked up from the arena. I slowly sat up, brushing the dirt and grass off my blue uniform skirt. I got up and began to walk around.

I was in a graveyard. A graveyard that was just down a steep hill from a house. Graveyards always gave me the creeps, especially now since it was nighttime. Just then, I saw a light turn on in the house up the hill. Without thinking, I began to walk up to the house. Hopefully, whoever lived there could tell me where I was.

After a long walk up the steep hill, I made it to the house. I walked up to the front door to knock, but the light went off once I was about to knock. I was scared now. 

I ran back down to the graveyard to see if the portkey was there.

Nothing.

How would I get back to Hogwarts?

After standing there for a few minutes, thinking about my options, I heard a door open from behind me. I heard multiple pairs of feet exit this door. I also heard quite a few gasps and whispers.

I was frozen to the spot. I could not get myself to move. I had no wand either. I was doomed at this point.

The whispers and gasps came to a halt once a pair of feet began walking toward me from behind.

I assumed it was a woman since her shoes had the sound of high heels. I thought I should just run. But whoever these people were, they didn't seem stupid. They would catch me.

The person was now standing right behind me. They then placed their warm hand on my shoulder. It was definitely a woman, and I knew exactly what woman it was judging by her perfect french manicure.

"Aunt Charlotte?" I whispered.

"Are you alright?" She then whispered in my ear.

"Peachy," I whispered back sarcastically.

"Where am I?"

She was silent.

"That does not matter," She said, "The point is, you're safe."

She then squeezed my shoulder tightly before walking away.

I then heard loud cracks, which I recognized as the group's sound that was once behind me, apparating away. As much as I trusted my Godmother, I could not help but question her about saying that it did not matter where I was and was 'safe'.

I would not call it 'safe' for a wandless fourteen-year-old to be in an old graveyard, all things considered.

Then once again, I heard the creaky old door open. This time though, It was only one pair of feet. I tried not to freak out since Aunt Charlotte had said I was safe. But then again, I was in a graveyard at night.

Whoever came out of that door was not moving. I could feel the burn of their eyes staring at me from behind.

"Are you not going to turn around?" The deep male voice said.

"Why should I?" I retorted.

"Because it is polite when someone is in your presence." They said back smoothly.

"Well, it is not polite to place a portkey on someone's bed that takes them to a creepy old graveyard!" I snapped.

"Point taken." They said, taking a step closer.

"Where am I?" I said with as much authority as I could.

"Somewhere." They said, moving closer.

"Really! No kidding!" I said back, again being sarcastic.

"Why don't you just turn around already." They said once more, their voice much closer now.

I thought about this for a second. Then, I turned around.

At that moment, I realized how it only takes one second for everything to change.

Aside from the obvious change in his physical features, I knew exactly who it was.

My Father. 

Or as he was known to me for the past year, the anonymous gift-giver.

"The broom." That was all I could get out.

All he did was nod.

"The ring," I said, feeling the cold silver band and diamond around my left ring finger.

All he did was nod once more.

We were then silent for a moment. All he did was stare at me like he was analyzing me.

I was feeling more upset and angry by the minute. My father had just now made an appearance in my life. Like it was normal and that I should be understanding.

Did he expect me to be automatically loving and caring?

Happy to see him?

No.

I wasn't happy to see him.

"Why are you here?" I said, the anger coming back to me.

"Why do you think?" He said, sounding slightly embarrassed and dismayed.

I could not control myself anymore. I couldn't keep it inside any longer. I was furious, and I wanted him, of all people, to know.

"Why are you here?" I said again, but this time it came out as a yell.

"To try and make my weird and abnormal life normal!"

A few tears slowly rolled down my cheeks which was an abnormal feeling for me. I turned around, the embarrassment and anger overflowing inside of me.

All my father did was stand there. Speechless. Looking almost as dejected as me. 

He was nothing to me.

I was nothing to him.

The only thing we had in common was blood and looks and certainly not fondness for one another.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the note that was the portkey that had brought me to the graveyard. Wordlessly I bent down and grabbed the parchment. Without so much as looking back, the portkey took me away and back to Hogwarts.