Chapter 9

we pull apart slowly, neither of us wanting to and she looks at me shyly, " did i do that right?"

"you did amazing"

y/n pov

i blush as billie looks lovingly at my face. she leaves a kiss on my forehead and junie comes in with ms. morrulia and corelda. the three of them stood in our room, each of the children holding a ball. junie holds a beach ball, while corelda holds a smaller tennis ball. they smile at us like friends and walk further into the room.

"hello, guys!" junie says, "we are here for your first day of activities. we took these balls from other humans throwing and catching things, so they should work for our experiment."

corelda jumps in, "in order to study your motor skills, we will throw these to you and see if you can catch them. if you can, we will throw them faster and faster until you can't."

little do these people know, i suck at catching things. my family has always made fun of me, but usually i just get scared of whatever is coming at me and cover my head.

billie says, "okay, sounds easy enough."

i interject and say, "billie will go first!"

she looks at me confused, but not worried and her eyes trail back to the aliens standing before us, "okay." she shrugs.

junie starts by throwing her a beach ball pretty softly, and she catches it. every time she caught it, junie threw it faster. that made me nervous.

eventually, junie was throwing the ball like a baseball player would and finally, billie missed. it zoomed passed her and almost hit me, but bounced off the wall behind us and rolled along the floor.

next, it was my turn and i was so scared. billie looks at me with an encouraging smile and i look back a corella who was ready to throw. she saw my concerned face and spoke, "don't worry, i'll start out slow"

i took a deep breath and got ready to catch it. corella threw the ball underhand, making a little rainbow shape with it's path and it looked like it was coming at my face so i squeaked and blocked my face. the ball bounced off of my arm and rolled back over to corella.

"well you two are wildly different," junie remarks.

billie laughs lightly and walks over to me. "you scared of a little ball?" she jokes.

i glare back at her, "just wait until we get to the math portion before you get all cocky"

she chuckles and brings my face into her neck. her mouth rests next to my ear and she whispers to me in a low tone, "we'll see about that, kitten"

my body shivers in her arms and she smirks as she pulls me away from her grasp. i blush as she continues to stare at me with a grin, "kitten?" i ask.

"well i had to come up with a name for you, and i don't know, y/n, kitten, makes sense to me" she smirks at me.

i laugh awkwardly, "that's not similar at all"

"whatever, i like it"

i punch her arm playfully, "of course you do, you kinky bitch."i laugh. if i'm being honest, i like it too and i think she can tell.

we are interrupted by the aliens we forgot were there, "what are you talking about? i have never heard those terms before" says junie.

i go to speak but miss morrulia interrupts, glaring at us, "nothing, honey. they are just silly humans that speak nonsense."she smiles at them and leads the children out of the room.

billie has been trying to hold in a laugh and lets it out. i look over at her, amused. all i want to do right now is lay in her arms. i fear that after the aliens separate us, nothing will be the same. i need to savor the time i have with her.

i look over to billie and study her features. her nose is like a perfect little button, and her eyes are so beautiful yet so striking. when she smiles in any way, her dimples poke into her cheeks like little frames for her lips. her lips. so soft and smooth. so pink and plump. they would just taste so good right now.

as i am watching her lips i see them curl into a smirk. oh shit i have been staring at her lips. i blush and hesitantly move my eyes from her mouth up to her intimidating blue orbs. she lightly shakes her head and her blonde bangs move in place over her forehead. as much as i know i'm just staring at her, i can't bring my eyes away from her. she's just so nice to look at.

the longer i look at her the more she smirks at me. not a word is said but we both understand. she slowly brings her body closer to me until her face is so close to mine that our lips are barely making contact.

"do you want to kiss them?" she asks, her lips brushing against mine.

i can't speak so i just sit, my lips touching hers, my eyes fluttering closed. i just take in the moment, savoring everything i feel. people always talk about the pure moment before a kiss, when both people are wanting the same thing and waiting for it to happen. this is it, the moment before the kiss. i never thought about prolonging it before, hell, i never even kissed anyone before billie.

when i open my eyes, i see billie with her eyes closed, taking in the moment as well. she must have felt my gaze, opening her eyes to meet mine, inches away from her own. 

"you ready, kitten?"

"hhmmmm" i moan at the comment, an overwhelming feeling of lust taking over me.

she takes that as a yes and closes the minuscule gap between us with a passionate kiss. she was still tender, aware of my innocence, but i could feel her hunger. she brings her hands to either side of my waist, pulling me into her body further. it hurts to know we can't go any further. now is not the time to scar space children.

we reluctantly part and i can't help but jump into her arms, cuddling into her neck.

 billie eilish makes me feel so many things.