Chapter 14

i just wrap my arms securely around her body and hold her lovingly and i feel her leave a small lingering kiss on my neck, sending shivers down my spine.

y/n pov

we sit in a hug, and billie traces circles in my back. i can't help but think she is hiding a knife or some other weapon and could stab me at any moment. when the thoughts get too strong, i snuggle my face into her neck and billie stops her hand, resting it on my back for a moment before continuing. 

i hope i just gave her butterflies.

i don't know how long we have been sitting like this, my ass in her lap, my legs wrapped around her waist and my chin on her shoulder, but i don't care. i fear that if i move, i'll have another panic attack.

billie speaks up, "y/n, i think we should talk, to help you get more comfortable"

i take a deep shaky breath, "okay."

"why don't you tell me a little bit about your life back home?" she asks sweetly.

"why? so you can stalk me and murder me in my sleep?" i snap at her. i instantly regret it when she stops rubbing my back for a moment. 

yeah, it probably wasn't butterflies that time.

"i am so sorry, billie. i am really trying," i say.

"i know, baby. it just hurts to know you think of me that way," she says with a sigh.

"i don't think of you that way, boo bear. i know you wont hurt me, it's just the intrusive thoughts, they won't go away." i explain.

"do you want to try a strategy i used to use when battling my intrusive thoughts?" she asks tenderly.

"what is it?"

"it would require you to open up a lot, but i will never judge you, you know that," she assures me.

i take a deep breath and ask, "will i have to let go of you?" i snuggle my face into her neck again and she giggles lightly.

"no, baby. just tell me your intrusive thoughts as they come, and i will do the rest," she explains.

"okay- she has a knife" i say right as the thought comes into my mind.

billie takes both of her hands and places them flat on my back. "can you feel that? no knife," she tells me.

i take another shaky breath and tell her other things as they pop in my brain, each time, she disproves it. we do the knife one quite a few times, as i can't get the thought out of my head.

i cling to billie for what seems like hours while we dismantle my fucked up brain. someone walks in behind me and billie looks up.

"is that your friend that's gonna kill me?" i ask.

"no, kitten. it's junie. junie, say something." she says.

"wow, how did you do that?" they ask.

"do what?" billie inquires, "make her trust me?"

"yeah," junie says, sounding suprised.

"she doesn't trust me. y/n, do you trust me?" she asks.

"no." i say flatly.

"we are working on that," she explains, "she can't see me in this position, so it's easier."

"oh." says junie, "well we just wanted to let you know that you have about 6 hours before you separate. we have all the data we need."

i squeeze billie tightly and she returns the favor, making me gasp until i gather myself and allow myself to melt into her body.

junie leaves the room and billie lays us down on the bed, "let's get some sleep, love"

i rest my head on billie's boob and fall asleep quickly, my fear beginning to fade.

---

i wake up to another annoying-ass alarm and move quickly to shut it off. while i am on my phone, i take a second to check my fan account, a wave of anxiety hitting me as soon as i enter the app. i brush it off, knowing i have been dealing with some generalized anxiety lately. damn, i got like 50 followers overnight, that's kind-of a lot for me. i like some posts and notice the time:

6:30 a.m.

okay, time to get up to take a shower and head to school.

billie pov

BEEP BEEP BEEP

godamn, that stupid-ass alarm will be the death of me.

a/n:

slightly shorter chapter, but i wanna put everything else in the next chapter so...

if you like this story, you will probably like my other one more because i planned it out more in the beginning, so go give that one a shot too :)