Chapter 11

she forcefully pulls herself into my body and hides her face in my neck. i can feel her warm cheeks on my shoulder and it gives me goosebumps.

i could get used to this.

y/n pov

tomorrow, junie and corelda will split us up. i am so scared. of course, instead of facing that fear, i am just trying to forget about it. pushing down your feelings works, right? i'll worry about it when the time comes, but for now, i can't change anything so i'm just going to savor what i have right now, with the most beautiful woman on any planet.

i love billie. i just can't say it yet because i have had years to fall in love with her, but billie has only had the last 4 days to get to know me. I know she really likes me, at least she acts like it, but i am trying really hard to take things slow with her. of course i'd be ready to confess my love to her right now, but a: she probably already knows, and b:i don't want to make her feel obligated to love me yet. i know that love takes time and i am willing to wait, but i am not willing to pressure her into something she isn't ready for.

i think billie is sort of doing the same thing with me, but instead of with love it's with other things. like when we kiss i can feel she wants so much more, but she holds back for me. i want more too but i'd rather it be in privacy. you know, not under careful watch of space children. but wow do i want billie to-

my thoughts are interrupted by billie stirring in her sleep. yeah, we are on the bed cuddling and i am supposed to be sleeping but i just can't get my mind off of billie. that, and the faster i fall asleep, the sooner the morning comes and i am not ready for that yet. but i am mostly just thinking about billie.

i can't stop thinking about all the things i want her to do to me. i think of one particular thing and accidentally giggle a little bit, waking up billie.

she stirs for a moment and i try to pretend i am still sleeping. i feel her sit up, the dip in the bed near my head lifting slightly, "i know you're awake, y/n" she says, placing her hand on my arm gently. i open my eyes and stare up at her beautiful face.

"what were you laughing about?" she asks, "did you do something while i was sleeping?" she frantically looks all over her body for whatever the fuck i could have done. i don't even know.

i reach over to stop her hands from lifting her shirt and hold them, "no, billie, i was just laughing at a thought i had is all"

she looks at me with concern, "why are you up thinking?"

"just not ready for tomorrow" i say, honestly.

her eyes search my face as she bites the inside of her mouth. she lays back down, a look of concern still plastered on her face, "why don't you just come lay in here, beautiful, and i'll keep you safe for the night?" she opens her arms and sends me a small smile.

i just melt at her small yet comforting gesture, "okay, billie"

i move into her arms and as i lay down i feel the warm vessels wrap around me, surrounding me in her safety. i do feel protected. all of my worries wash away as my eyes get heavy. the last thing i hear is "goodnight, kitten" as billie kisses the top of my head and rests her chin there, fully submerging me into her embrace.

i wake up shortly after, to the sound of our door creaking open. junie. 

"rise and shine!" they say, far too loud for my liking.

billie mumbles a couple of profanities to herself and hides her face in the pillow.

junie speaks again, unsatisfied with her response, "get up now. today is going to be a very long day for you guys."

billie sits up, her butter bangs flying in her face. i bring my hand up and brush them out of her eyes, "don't worry boo bear, everything will be okay, i just know it." i bring her in for a hug and she snaps out of her sleepy state, wrapping those comforting arms around my waist and nuzzling her face in my neck before lifting her lips to my ear.

"i'll miss you, kitten. see you on the other side," she smiles, bringing herself away from me to look in my eyes.

corelda comes in and makes meaningful eye contact with junie, "okay, y/n, come with me."

i smile back at billie, "see you on the other side." i leave a kiss softly on her cheek, feeling her silky skin on my lips, before leaving this blue room for the first time in days.

i am led down a hallway, only illuminated by pale white lights lining the walls. i keep my mouth shut, nervous to say or ask anything of the now intimidating child. the walk down this mysterious hallway feels days long, as every step takes me further away from my billie.

finally we reach another blue room. great. i am sick of this color. there is a minimalist matte black table with matching steel chairs on either side. corelda leads me to one of the chairs and sits me down.

"i hope you will cooperate, i don't want to hurt you. i assure you," corelda tells me before sitting across from me. 

i nod my head, trying to remain calm. my mind races and i look around the empty room until ms. morrulia comes in and greets me and corelda. she gives brief explanation of the process corelda will take with me, basically telling me what i already know, and moves to leave the room.

"thank you for cooperating, y/n, i will leave you and corelda to talk while i go check up on junie and billie. i will see you after the treatment." she smiles at me and then corelda and leaves the room. 

billie. i miss her already. we have lived in such close quarters and haven't been away from each other since we met. I wonder what she is feeling right now. 

"i am going to start now, y/n. are you ready?" she asks.

i nod my head again, my thoughts racing too fast to speak. what the hell could she tell me? will i ever be myself again after this? what will they tell billie? will she hate me? what if i hate her? how could i ever hate her?

"you, y/n y/l/n, are a billie eilish fan."

where the hell is she going with this?

"you listen to her music all day, every day"

i mean, not all day every day, more like when i am in the mood to relax and feel safe.

"she is your idol"

damn right.

"you love her"

right again.

"you are afraid of her"

what?

"she intimidates you"

no. no she can't be going there. i just got past that shit.

"you fear her."

no i don't.

"billie eilish, boo bear, whatever you want to call her, is scary"

"no she's not." i say.

"she is a monster"

"no she's not!" i yell.

corelda just continues. she lists everything that terrifies me about billie.

"billie is scary. you fear her. she could hurt you. she is a monster."

no she is not. i do not fear her. she would never hurt me. she is not a monster.

i play this over and over in my head, trying to keep clarity of thought. this goes on for hours. my brain is getting tired of rejecting the words and my eyes are growing droopy. i feel like i just took a dose of nighttime cold medicine or some shit.

"yes, go to sleep. dream of the nightmare that is billie eilish"

a/n:

hi! say it back.