He's a Keeper

(A/n: Hey guys! Fun story: I tried to do a pull up in p.e. and failed and everyone was watching 😭. Also, currently suffering the mental pressure for finals. Wbu? Thanks for 600 reads!! Now enjoy this looong chapter.)

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯ ➵ ♆

The morning was filled with Charms class which we talked about the O.W.L.S once again. In the afternoon, we had Care for Magical Creatures and learned about bowtruckles. We had to draw a diagram of them and much to my dislike Parvarti and Lavender preferred Professor Grubbly Plank over Hagrid. Malfoy made his usual tantrum about how Hagrid probably got fired. I told him that if he didn't shut up I would put my "filthy" blood over him. That shut him up real quick for the rest of class although I doubt he'll talk to me in Potions.

The first week of term seemed to have dragged on forever, like one gigantic History of Magic lesson. DADA never got better...every time was worse and painful to get through. We kept on writing notes and notes then silence then a topic of You-Know-Who then back to silence and notes.

Today Harry had detention with Umbridge. My guess was he was just writing lines so it won't be too bad. Today was also the day. The day for Quidditch tryouts. I never usually tried out for Quidditch, but this year Angelina needed a new chaser because Katie Bell didn't have a consistent schedule and after I started the "game" with Harry during summer; I practiced every day with Ron before school started so I could beat Harry in Quidditch. I wanted to prove I was better than his snotty, flirty, famous arse. I could totally beat Hogwarts' famous seeker. I told him if he wanted a game he would get one.

Harry had detention at the same time as tryouts so he couldn't watch me on the pitch. I cannot wait to see his face when I make the team.

After class, Ron and I went to the pitch for some last-minute practice. The air was foggy and humid after last night's rain. The grass was muddy. The after rain smell was nice though.

"Alright Ron, save this!" I yell, midair on my broomstick. Ron sends me an awkward nod. Carefully one hand holding the Quaffle and one hand holding my broom I zig-zag and turn around in the air imaging another chaser was there; I forcefully threw the Quaffle where Ron isn't blocking the hoop. Ron flies to the last hoop and reaches out for the Quaffle, saving it.

"I did that! Did you see that Everly?"He shouts, dancing.

I laugh, "Yes, Ronald I threw it at you!"

"Right! Come on now, throw me another. I'm on Merlin's roll today." He smiles.

"Alright," I shout. I threw him a few more Quaffles to save before he throws me some to catch. I zoom through the air and reach out my hands to grab them. After making a couple in a row, Ron and I decide to go to a late lunch.

I change back into my robes after my Quidditch practice. Sweaty and tired Ron and I walk into the Great Hall and sit at the Gryffindor table next to Harry.

"What did you and Ron do? You both are sweaty and tired." Harry exaggerates, mad.

"Yeah, what have you been up to?" Hermione asks, envious.

"Ew no! It's not what you think!" I say.

"Me and him...never!" I say.

"Her and me...never!" Ron says at the same time.

"Oh," Hermione says, relieved her cheeks a little pink.

"Besides, I know a place where you can use your energy a lot better," Harry whispers to me. I smack him with my hand.

"Harold James Potter! Stop being a dirty-minded prick!" I whisper.

"I could've meant in class, you know. Now, are you going to tell me where you were?" He asks.