Different Dates

(a/n: hey guys! guess who decided to update early well only because I won't update till the second week of July. Consider this a little treat because this chapter is def something. I wanted to upload on my bday, but like I finished it early. Ok enjoy!)

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯ ➵ ♆

"No, Ronald! That's not what the book says," I exclaim, pointing to the book we use in Umbridge's class. Hermione, Ron, and I were finishing the homework Umbridge assigned us in the library. It was late evening and we already finished dinner. The moon was out and the stars where shinning from what I could see through the window. I had a lantern lit at the table so I could scratch on my essay with my quill. Harry walks up to the table with a deep in thought expression and a small smile. He didn't even notice he reached the table. His face was pale and looked shocked. I was a bit worried for him.

"How did it go?" Hermione whispered, and then, looking concerned, "Are you all right, Harry?"

"Yeah . . . fine . . . I dunno," said Harry impatiently, wincing in pain, touching his scar, "Listen . . . I've just realized something. . . ." Harry began to explain about the corridor at the Ministry of Magic he saw in Occulumency.

"So . . . so, are you saying . . ." whispered Ron, as Madam Pince swept past, squeaking slightly, "that the weapon — the thing You- Know-Who's after — is in the Ministry of Magic?"

"In the Department of Mysteries, it's got to be," Harry whispered. "I saw that door when your dad took me down to the courtrooms for my hearing and it's definitely the same one he was guarding when the snake bit him."

Hermione let out a long, slow sigh. "Of course," she breathed. 

"Of course what?" said Ron rather impatiently.

"Ron, think about it. . . . Sturgis Podmore was trying to get through a door at the Ministry of Magic. . . . It must have been that one, it's too much of a coincidence!"

"How come Sturgis was trying to break in when he's on our side?" said Ron.

"Well, I don't know," Hermione admitted. "That is a bit odd. . . ."

"So what's in the Department of Mysteries?" Harry asked Ron. "Has your dad ever mentioned anything about it?"

"I know they call the people who work in there 'Unspeakables,'" said Ron, frowning. "Because no one really seems to know what they do in there. . . . Weird place to have a weapon . . ."

"It's not weird at all, it must have something top secret like the weapon . . . Harold, are you sure you're all right?" I asked. 

"Yeah . . . fine . . ." he said, lowering his hands, which were trembling. "I just feel a bit . . . I don't like Occlumency much. . . ."

"I expect anyone would feel shaky if they'd had their mind attacked over and over again," said Hermione sympathetically. "Look, let's get back to the common room, we'll be a bit more comfortable there. . . ."

But the common room was packed and full of shrieks of laughter and excitement; Fred and George were demonstrating their latest bit of joke shop merchandise. We took a seat by the fire, but the noise was too loud to concentrate to finish work. We all decided on just going to sleep.

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯ ➵ ♆

"This is barbaric!" Hermione abruptly says at the breakfast table handing me The Daily Prophet.

"MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN MINISTRY FEARS BLACK IS "RALLYING POINT" FOR OLD DEATH EATERS!"

"This is got to be the thing Voldermort was so happy about last night," Harry says, "I don't believe this," snarled Harry, "Fudge is blaming the breakout on Sirius?"