Battle of the Prophecy

(A/N: hey guys. I finally finished. Don't have much to say except enjoy reading the final chapter of book 5.   :) 

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯ ➵ ♆

The elevator chimes. A monotone woman's voice says "The Department of Mysteries."  It's a long black corridor that leads to a blue door. 

Harry steps out slowly and we follow behind him.

"This is it," he says. 

Harry's hand is on the doorknob of the plain, blue door. The one that was in his dreams. He twists the golden doorknob, opening the door revealing a big room. 

 High as a church and full of nothing but towering shelves covered in small, dusty, glass orbs. They glimmered dully in the light issuing from more candle brackets set at intervals along the shelves. Their flames were burning blue. The room was very cold. Harry edged forward and peered down one of the shadowy aisles between two rows of shelves.  We all lit Lumos, observing the misty orbs. There was no sound of movement; no sound of  Sirius. 

"You said it was row ninety-seven," whispered Hermione. 

Harry walked quickly, reading the number on the shelves. 

"Eighty-five...Ninety-three...Ninety-five...Ninety-six." Getting closer and still, no sound worried us. 

"Ninety-seven!" Harry announced. 

They stood grouped around the end of the row, gazing down the alley beside it. There was nobody there. 

"He should be near here," whispered Harry, convinced that every step was going to bring the ragged form of Sirius into view upon the darkened floor. 

"Anywhere here . . . really close . . ."

"I . . . I don't think Sirius is here," I said, quietly. 

Harry turned pale and quiet. For a few moments, everyone stood quietly.  

"Harry?" Neville called. 

"What?" 

"It's — it's got your name on," said Neville. Harry moved a little closer. Neville was pointing at one of the small glass spheres that glowed with a dull inner light, though it was very dusty and appeared not to have been touched for many years. 

"My name?" said Harry blankly. Harry stared at the orb before he lifted his arm and wrapped his fingers around the dusty ball's surface. The mist inside it gleamed and became brighter. 

An old lady's voice croaked, "The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not...for neither can live while the other survives..."

I was close enough to hear the voice, but to others, it was hard to hear.

"Harry!" Hermione urgently said. From the shelves of orbs, a hooded figure was coming towards us. It had a gray mask and black cloak. Harry protectively stood in front of us, pushing me to the back of the group. Following each step the figure took, Harry moved his wand in front of him. 

"Where's Sirius?" Harry yelled.

"You know, you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams and reality," the death eater moves his wand to draw away his mask revealing to be Lucius Malfoy, "You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now hand me the Prophecy."

"If you do anything to us, I'll break it," Harry mutters. Bellatrix appears behind Lucius.

"He knows how to play. Itty...bitty...baby. Potter," she cackles.

"Bellatrix Lestrange," Neville recognizes.