Jealous, Potter?

(A/n: GUYS! GUYS! WE ALMOST AT 1K READS! THANK UUU. THIS CHAPTER IS 4 U.

TW: JELLY HARRY AND EVERLY)

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯ ➵ ♆

September was coming to an end soon, and Harry was still hesitant about teaching other students DADA. As much as I think it's a great idea; I still was on my ignore streak, luckily Hermione kept pushing him every class. It's quite the entertainment: The Granger sisters annoying Harry.

All 5th years were overburdened with a ton of homework for the O.W.LS. that aren't even close by. On top of that, Quidditch was a lot harder with Ron constantly being yelled at. I flinched every time Ron would throw another Quaffle at me because I don't want another bloody nose. At this rate, I don't see any chance of winning the cup.

Most classes were going well. Harry finally finished his detentions with Umbridge. To my relief, he wasn't going to be in any more pain even though I didn't show that. After today's Charms class, I followed Hermione to sit near the Black Lake and get a head start on homework. Thankfully, the last bit of autumn kept the air cool and the sun gleaming. Autumn color bloomed on trees like blobs of paint. I inhale the fresh air while using my quill to write my Charms essay. Harry and Ron take a seat next to Hermione. Harry sends me another hopeful look waiting for me to stop ignoring him; I continue writing.

Hermione opens her mouth cautiously, "there's no point pretending that you're not good at Defense Against the Dark Arts because you are. You were the only person last year who could throw off the Imperius Curse completely, you can produce a Patronus, you can do all sorts of stuff that full-grown wizards can't, Viktor always said —"

Ron looked around at her so fast he appeared to crick his neck; rubbing it, he said, "Yeah? What did Vicky say?"

"Ho ho," said Hermione in a bored voice. "He said Harry knew how to do stuff even he didn't, and he was in the final year at Durmstrang." Ron was looking at Hermione suspiciously.

"You're not still in contact with him, are you?"

"So what if I am?" said Hermione coolly, though her face was a little pink. "I can have a pen pal if I —"

"He didn't only want to be your pen pal," said Ron accusingly.

"Don't worry Ron, Hermione sends a letter every day to him almost as she is writing an essay for homework." I smug, lying. Harry smiles at that while Ron sends me a desperate look spread with jealousy.

Hermione shook her head exasperatedly and, ignored me, said to Harry, "Well, what do you think? Will you teach us?"

"Just you and Ron, yeah?"

"Well," said Hermione, now looking a mite anxious again. "Well . . . now, don't fly off the handle again, Harry, please. . . . But I really think you ought to teach anyone who wants to learn. I mean, we're talking about defending ourselves against Voldemort — oh, don't be pathetic, Ron — it doesn't seem fair if we don't offer the chance to other people."

Harry considered this for a moment, then said, "Yeah, but I doubt anyone except you two would want to be taught by me with a possibility of Howler. I'm a nutter, remember?"

"Well, I think you might be surprised how many people would be interested in hearing what you've got to say," said Hermione seriously. "Look," she leaned toward him; "you know the first weekend in October's a Hogsmeade weekend? How would it be if we tell anyone who's interested to meet us in the village and we can talk it over?"

"Erm...alright fine," Harry admits in defeat.

"Only if Howler comes," Harry adds in with a smirk.