Jealous, Howler?

(A/N: Hey hey! I've been so busy that I haven't gotten time to write, but now summer has started and I'm going to try to update frequently. Enjoy this chapter in honor of pride month and 25 days till my bday!)

∞ ϟ 9¾ ♔ ⚯ ➵ ♆

Cold, chilly weather breezed the air as December was coming soon. The sun was no longer shining and Hogwarts was packed away in a white blanket of snow. One more week till our long-awaited Christmas break. Classes were almost finished with a ton of homework. This morning is our first class since Hagrid got back. So many people cheered once Hagrid was back at the staff table.

"Morning, Howler!" Harry says, taking a seat next to me.

"Morning, Harold," I reply.

"Look, guys, she's talking to me," Harry gasps to Hermione and Ron.

"Eat some eggs," I say, shoving a fork of scrambled eggs in his mouth. He murmurs a satisfied noise.

"Did you plan Hagrid's lesson?" I ask Hermione.

"I tried, but he keeps insisting his is so good. He won't follow my plan," Hermione exaggerates sadly.

"Let's hope what he has planned is good for Umbridge."

"Mhm," Hermione says, drinking pumpkin juice.

"Feed me some more, Howler. My hands don't work," Harry complains. I roll my eyes. This big baby. I take my fork and shove some more eggs in his mouth. 

"Hold still, I can't feed you if you keep moving," I say, cupping his face. He smiles at me, staring at me with happiness that I haven't seen on him since he knew he had a godfather. That annoyingly cute smile. 

He looks at me with his mouth wide open. I start laughing.

"What?" He says.

"You teach a whole army, and you're asking me to feed you with your cute mouth," I smile as I gasp at what I said. I put my hand over my mouth.

"Cute mouth? I'll show you what this cute mouth can do," He leans down and touches his lips to my ears as he whispers.

"Okay, enough eggs for you. It's time to go to Care for Magical Creatures." Hermione grabs her bag and follows me outside into the cold air.

"We're workin' in here today!" Hagrid called happily to the approaching students, jerking his head back at the dark trees behind him. "Bit more sheltered! Anyway, they prefer the dark. . . ."

"What prefers the dark?" Malfoy said sharply to Crabbe and Goyle, a trace of panic in his voice. 

"What did he say prefers the dark — did you hear?"

"Ready?" said Hagrid happily, looking around at the class. "Right, well, I've bin savin' a trip inter the forest fer yer fifth year. Thought we'd go an' see these creatures in their natural habitat. Now, what we're studyin' today is pretty rare, I reckon I'm probably the on'y person in Britain who's managed ter train 'em —"

"And you're sure they're trained, are you?" said Malfoy, the panic in his voice even more pronounced now. "Only it wouldn't be the first time you'd brought wild stuff to class, would it?"

" 'Course they're trained," said Hagrid, scowling and hoisting the dead cow a little higher on his shoulder.

"So what happened to your face, then?" demanded Malfoy.

"Mind yer own business!" said Hagrid angrily. "Now if yeh've finished askin' stupid questions, follow me!"

He turned and strode straight into the forest. The class followed after him. We walked for about ten minutes until we reached a place where the trees stood so close together that it was as dark as twilight, and there was no snow on the ground at all. Hagrid deposited his half a cow with a grunt on the ground, stepped back, and turned to face his class again, most of whom were creeping toward him from tree to tree, peering around nervously.