Chapter 20

"Shit."

"What?" Peter asked.

"The kids!"

Peter's eyes widened as realization dawned on him. You waited for him to express any form of concern, however, you were taken off guard when a laugh erupted from his throat.

"What? Why are you laughing?" You interrogate your husband, your eyebrows furrowed. His moment of hilarious laughter quieted as he looked back at you with obvious adoration.

"Do you know how much I love you?" He murmured as he pressed his forehead against yours. You stared at your husband incredulously, and attempted to lean back so you could look at him fully, but his arms that were wrapped around your waist, held you where you were. You looked at him in a deadpan, but he happily closed his eyes and sighed in contentment.

"Peter." You whisper.
"Hm?"

"Peterrrrr." You groan.

"Yes?" He hummed.

"The kids." You reply sternly. You watched as a smile grew upon his lips once more.

"Baby..." He hummed as he opened his beautiful brown eyes.

"Peter..."

"The kids are safe with Laura. If something had happened, either Laura or F.R.I.D.A.Y would have let us know." Your eyes fluttered shut and you sighed, knowing that your Husband was right.

"Hey love birds! Quit the PDA and help clean up the mess you made!" Tony yelled at us, causing the rest of the team to laugh. You attempted to do as Tony had wished but found that you were still trapped in Peter's grasp.

"I'm stuck." You said in a monotone voice. As you heard the teams chuckles in the background, your sight focused on the smirk that Peter struggled to suppress. "You are an idiot. You know that right?"

"I'm an idiot in love." He whispered, opening his eyes again and leaning back to gaze at you.

"You are insufferable!" You exclaimed as you opened a portal behind Peter, and pushed him inside. He shriek of surprise as he fell through and as he reappeared across the room made you incapable of not laughing.

As you were too busy laughing your ass off, you didn't notice Peter get to his feet, and, with his narrowed eyes, he shot a web at you, and then once again, you were in his arms.

Before you had time to register what had just taken place, Peter captured your lips in his, immediately silencing your fits of laughter.

Peter's grasp on your waist released momentarily before it tightened once again, his left arm moving from your waist to the small of your back. As your shock dissipated, you moved your arms to wrap them around his neck, your right hand snaking up from his neck to run through his hair.

Peter attempted to deepen this kiss by pulling your body closer to him, forcing you to stand on the tip of your toes. It felt like an eternity before you parted.

Without even having to look you knew that the team had left the room, leaving you and Peter all alone. You leaned back from standing on your toes, and placed your head on your husband's chest, who instinctually moved one arm to wrap around your back and hold the back of your head.