Chapter 14

"What should our mode of transportation be today? Webs, portal, or car?"
Calmly, I respond. "Let's walk. I want to take advantage of this nice day." Peter gives me a loving smile a nods as he grabs my hand and entangles his fingers with mine. We walk side by side to the mall, silently, and enjoying the walk.
"Remember our first date?" Peter suddenly asks, causing me to look up at him.
"How could I forget? It's not often that the Black Widow is hurled through the window of a coffee shop, in front of you, during a date." Peter laughs, nods, and looks at the ground. I grip his hand stronger as I remember the event.
~Flashback~
I laugh at a corny joke Peter makes, shyly looking down at the table to hide my face from his gaze. He chuckles and gives me a soft smile. I look up again as I try to come up with a new topic to talk about to prevent awkward silence. It is times like these that I regret not making the suggestion of watching a movie.
"Sooooo are you afraid of spiders?" I ask with a cheeky grin. He laughs out loud.
"Is this a real question?" He asks me. I nod.
"If I was afraid of spiders, you think I would have been in the situation to be bitten?"
"True, I guess." I giggle. Peter opens his mouth, about to say something when we suddenly hear screaming. I had my back to the window, but Peter had a clear view. He quickly closes his mouth and jumps out of his chair, and pulls me farther away from the  window as we hear it shatter. Once it seems clear, I stand up, much to Peter's dislike, and turn around to find Natasha struggling to her feet. I turn back and find Peter gone, but magically replaced with Spider-man.
~Flashback over~
I look over at my husband and see he is still staring down at his feet as we walk. I furrow my eyebrows and lean into him, bumping him with my body. He looks up at me and I give him a pout.
"What going on in that head of yours?" I ask. He airily chuckles.
"Just how much we have gone through." He says.
"What do you mean?"
"We have gone through so much. So many ups and downs and we have seen more than half of the population of New York combined. And yet, here we are, walking hand in hand to the mall while an over confident billionaire sits in our living room, babysitting our three children. Who else can say that?" He asks.
"Well, Clint can if he can ever convince Tony to watch the kids." I retaliate making him let out a single laugh. "But yes, we have gone through a lot and we are still together and going strong." I tell him as I give him a close eyed grin.