Chapter 19

"ON THE GROUND!" An agent yelled again, prompting the team to slowly get down to their knees. I shared a glance with Peter and then a glance with Natasha. The three of us seemed to have a mental conversation until we came to an agreement. Natasha nodded to me, and I took that as my cue to open a portal under a Hydra agent to fall through to create a distraction.

Peter then took this chance as the agents were distracted to shoot webs at a gun sitting on a counter, pulling it to Natasha for her to use. My husband did the same thing with Steve's shield. Once Steve and Natasha were armed, they got to their feet to fend off agents to provide time for the rest of the team to arm themselves for the fight.

I got to my feet so I could be ready to aid the team when I needed to. While I was distracted by the many moving figures in the room, I was unaware of the presence of a Hydra agent standing behind me.
My yelp of alarm when the agent grasped my arm was drowned out by the sounds of fighting. Before I could make a move to remove myself from the danger, I felt a gun be pressed to my temple by my captor. I shuddered as the man whispered threats in my ear.

"Stay silent, princess, and we can walk right out of here unharmed." The male hissed with a malicious grin, however, before he could make another step towards the exit, his body was thrown to the ground. With no weapon pointed at me, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, and stumbled forward.
Spinning around to find what had saved me from harm, I found Peter Parker standing over the man that had once appeared so intimidating, but was now reduced to a whining child. Fear lit up in the Hydra Agent's eyes as Peter pulled the man with his web towards himself, only for the fearful man to be met with Peter's fist.

Long after the enemy agent was knocked unconscious, Peter was still using the body as a punching bag.

    "Peter." I called out but he didn't react. I called his name a few more times but he never acknowledged me. Worried that Peter would kill the man, or fatally wound him, I used my power to move Peter twenty feet away from the unconscious figure. Before my husband could move back to where he was, I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him.

    "Shhhhh, leave him." I whispered to him as he finally began to calm down. Ever since we began dating, it became clear that Peter Parker was extremely protective of me, especially due to our line of work. Peter never tore his gaze away from the man's body behind me, even when Steve picked up the man and took him to the medical wing intended for prisoners.

    It wasn't until the man was out of sight that Peter finally looked at him. The second we locked eyes, his angry expression melted into that of relief and adoration. Wordlessly, my significant other wrapped his arms around me and pulled me towards him. I buried my face in his chest as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

    "That dude is lucky. If I so much as saw an imprint of the barrel of the gun on you I would have done so much more than knock him out." Peter finally spoke, his voice barely above a whisper. His words made me giggle.

    Leaning back from his chest to look him in the eyes, I spoke teasingly. "More than knock him out and beat him to a pulp? I guess he got really lucky." Seeing me make light of the situation, Peter's lips finally pulled into a soft grin.

    "I worry for the poor boy that O/D/N tries to take to prom." I murmur to myself. Peter groaned in response.

    "Ugh, don't even joke about that. I don't want to even think about that." Peter's voice was muffled as he pressed his face into my shoulder, arms still wrapped around my figure. I giggle as I feel him smile. We were silent for a few moments until something occurred to me.

    "Shit."

    "What?" Peter asked.

    "The kids!"